Best way to earn gold? T_T

#1SpecOps_StrykerPosted 7/10/2012 6:28:35 PM
I'm busting my tail for 50/50, having to do 6 Tyria NM missions/bonus, Tyria and Elona on HM, VQ and map thos eas well, plus skill cap. Afterwards I have to max out Asuran, Ebon Vanguard, Dwarven and Norn titles, plus the Master of the North. My sweets, party and drunkard are 2,000 or below, and IIRC, it's nearly 1,000,000 gold for each title. >_< not to mention the z-keys you need. Any suggestions before August 25th?
#2LizardneckPosted 7/10/2012 7:45:17 PM
For the vanquishes, missions, and elite skills that you're missing, if they come up as a daily quest before release, do them then. That way, you get some z-coins that you can sell/use to buy the consumables for the consumables titles or z-keys for the pvp title. And you get extra gold, reputation/faction, and xp for more skill points.

This weekend's Wintersday in July. Festival items should be dropping from enemies, so it's a good time to farm vaettirs or raptors.

Not sure what's with everyone's rush to have HOM done by the time GW2 releases, though. You can work on it after release when you want a break from GW2 for a while.
#3SpecOps_Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 7:59:39 PM
..you sure? I could have sworn A-Net said multiple times you WON'T be able to work on HoM when GW 2 releases...
#4LizardneckPosted 7/10/2012 8:15:55 PM
Yep. They've never once said that you couldn't. Closest was a several years ago, when they said that HOM rewards would only be available to people who owned GW1 before GW2 releases; people who bought GW1 after GW2 released wouldn't be able to get HOM rewards. But, they haven't said that in years, so I assume that's a retracted statement, and it doesn't even apply to you anyway. (And even if they didn't retract it, they said even then that people who owned GW1 before GW2 released would be able to go back and work on HOM rewards.)

If you want a direct statement from them that does apply to you, here you go:
http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?

A: Yes.
#5SpecOps_Stryker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 8:17:13 PM
Lizardneck posted...
Yep. They've never once said that you couldn't. Closest was a several years ago, when they said that HOM rewards would only be available to people who owned GW1 before GW2 releases; people who bought GW1 after GW2 released wouldn't be able to get HOM rewards. But, they haven't said that in years, so I assume that's a retracted statement, and it doesn't even apply to you anyway. (And even if they didn't retract it, they said even then that people who owned GW1 before GW2 released would be able to go back and work on HOM rewards.)

If you want a direct statement from them that does apply to you, here you go:
http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

Q: Will I be able to continue earning Hall of Monuments rewards in Guild Wars after Guild Wars 2 is released?

A: Yes.

Ha, thanks Liz, I started panicking for no reason. ..but then again..I dun wanna go back to GW1..I wanna lose myself in GW 2... >_>
#6LizardneckPosted 7/10/2012 8:30:32 PM
No problem! :D Seems a lot of people are panicking over it. ^_^;

But there's bound to be a time when you get bored of GW2 for a little while or you get nostalgic. Even if it takes a few months or a year, there's no need to panic over getting the HOM stuff out of the way right now. :)