So defensive spirit Ritualist + Minion Master hero = Bad Idea?

#1meltor13Posted 8/15/2012 11:34:09 AM
I know this board is pretty slow and pretty much everyone is gearing up for GW2, but I figured I'd ask this anyways.

One of my mains is a Resto/Communing Rit specializing in defensive Spirits (Shelter/Union) + resto heals, etc.

It seems like it does really well but I also have 2 other hero monks (I know, I know, but I don't have enough heroes right now for a full party and I have an overabundance of monks...need to change one to smiting but I have to cap RoJ) with me and that may be covering up my issues.

Shelter/Union are basically rendered useless with a MM in the mix, yes? Because they burn out all their use on protecting minions?

I really like the minion wall that the MM provides...I'm not sure what kind of build I would use if my necro hero WASN'T a MM/MB...

sooo, basically, balls.
---
MarioKart 64 Main: Bowser
GT: MELTOR13
#2GarquillPosted 8/15/2012 12:05:38 PM
yes
you typically use on or the other

you have have the necro go N/Rt healer with Enfeebling Blood with either Pain of Disenchantment or Icy Veins
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#3meltor13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 12:09:18 PM(edited)
Is going with an all-caster/ranged squad going to suck?

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I'm really going to miss the minion wall and my backline is going to get toasted or if i'll likely be OK provided I bring the right skills, etc.

---
#4GarquillPosted 8/15/2012 12:09:42 PM(edited)
almost everyone goes all-caster
the minions and defensive spirits are what comfortably allows this
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#5meltor13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 12:16:53 PM
Ok. Cool. Thanks!
---