This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Guild Wars 2 is out now.... are you still playing this one?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 8/29/2012 4:17:23 AM
What are your thoughts?
#2roleplayergamerPosted 8/29/2012 5:49:00 AM
I don't have 60 bucks to spend freely so yes I am still going to play Guild Wars. Maybe I will get it in a month or two when price goes down a bit.
#3LizardneckPosted 8/29/2012 12:53:10 PM
Not at the moment, but I'll come back. Especially after the second ele update (I was holding off doing WoC on him until then) and for festivals.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 6:14:34 AM
be careful with the language when you transition. this game is practically unmoderated, same isnt true for gw2, youll get banned for being mean to someone and using profanity
#5garanPosted 8/31/2012 12:05:57 PM
I won't be playing GW2 for quite some time. For one thing, my computer would probably have trouble running it, and for another, I would never buy a brand new MMO. Too many issues around release.

I will probably wait until they release their version of Nightfall, since that is the main part of GW1 that I enjoyed. The generic European fantasy world of Kryta/Ascalon has never done much for me.
#6shezonmxa3Posted 8/31/2012 3:57:27 PM
strange thing happened to me regarding GW1& GW2
i am big MMO player (in the sense i try every new one) but for some reason had only mild interest in GW2 up until the very release day , then i just thought of dusting off my old GW1 account , and now i am hooked on it more than ever.
guess if i ever tried GW2 it will early 2013
#7Lord PlothosPosted 9/1/2012 5:58:50 PM
A few things to wrap up first: 30 HoM points. Survivor maxed. Skill hunters maxed. Finish WiK and WoC (probably, though I find WiK annoying more than anything else).

I plan to get GW2 the instant that stuff is done, but it'll probably take a while. Knowing I'll let myself get it when I'm done has spurred me into actually playing GW1 again, far more than I had been for ages. It's so close I can taste it. :D
---
www.rptools.net
100% FREE virtual table top, adaptable to any RP system.
#8Lord PlothosPosted 9/5/2012 11:06:26 AM
Speaking of which, just maxed survivor, finally... and no boxing. The long wayfarer double XP for skill caps helped. Thank you for that, ANet! :)
---
www.rptools.net
100% FREE virtual table top, adaptable to any RP system.
#9CherishPosted 9/9/2012 10:22:42 AM
I got on when I found it they were giving away a free Tormented weapon. That was pretty much it. I'm still 47/50 because I'm short on some weapons. I did end up raising the money to buy the war supplies, but I don't have the patience to stand around to buy them. When I could instead be playing GW2, and all...
---
If Anet mailed crates of cash to all GW players, some people would still complain about how it was packed. - Plague4490
#10Chrono007Posted 9/9/2012 6:55:39 PM
Haven't played since. I'm planning on finishing GWAMM sometime in the next year or two though.
---
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
--Albert Einstein