This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jumping back into things...

#1BurningRave18Posted 9/24/2012 6:19:56 AM
It's been years since I last played GW, which is a shame since I used to have so much fun playing it. That said, I've recently reinstalled so that I might try to rekindle some of the good times I've had with this game.

I haven't explored too much (decided to kick things off by finishing my Level 20 Pre-Searing character), but would it be safe to assume that the population isn't too great these days? If so, is it really worth trying to sell anything to players? I have a storage FULL of runes and other goodies that I don't think I really need, so if it's not worth spending the time trying to make a profit from them, I may just sell them to a vendor to get some inventory space back.

If anyone else is enjoying Guild Wars once again, feel free to contact me in game (Kid Wildbane). I'm currently the owner of a defunct and empty guild, and if anyone's starting a new character, I'm probably going to create a new Necromancer sometime in the near future, so it'd be nice to have people to play with and talk to!
---
Well, there you have it. BurningRave, you truly are better than a grilled cheese sandwich. -- roddyrod
#2GarquillPosted 9/26/2012 6:10:25 AM
just sell runes to the rune trader

only superior vigor is worth trading to other players
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#3King_Buick85Posted 9/27/2012 6:15:43 AM
BurningRave18, if you're still wanting to create a new character I might just join you. I'm thinking of coming back to GW, I can't stand GW2 anymore.
---
Proud retro gamer!
#4l33t_ninj4_1337Posted 9/27/2012 1:34:51 PM
I've also recently got back into the game. Forgot how fun it was.

I tried getting to level 20 in pre-searing, but got bored at 10 and went post. Still having a bit of fun now. Also been messing around with the expansions and the unique classes on those.
---
I am fully aware that my username is stupid.
In my defense, I made it when I was 14. I, too, was pretty stupid back then.
#5BurningRave18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 3:47:09 PM
I got to level 17 pre back when the only way to do so was via Death Leveling.

Coming back, I don't want to let that go to waste and with the new daily quests, I figured I have little excuse not to get the title.

As such, that's where most of my play time's sinking into. I have a necro loaded with gear that I need to move from pre to post so that I can unload and recreate the character (wanted to start a fresh Necro).

I've been thinking about the other campaigns as well, but the Defender of Ascalon title is deterring me from doing much else.

That said, it'd be nice to have some active people to talk to and party with when the time comes. Everyone on my friend list and in the guild I now apparently run are gone XD
---
Well, there you have it. BurningRave, you truly are better than a grilled cheese sandwich. -- roddyrod
#6NCPwnPosted 9/27/2012 5:43:39 PM
I recently started it up to get pumped for GW2, and been loving it. I never got to play Nightfall or later expansions. Was awesome, Then I bought GW2, and it killed my hype. Can't understand how a company can go from a game that was so awesome, to a game that was so nonsome.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Daoc, Planetside, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#7King_Buick85Posted 9/28/2012 5:56:45 AM(edited)
BurningRave18 posted...
I got to level 17 pre back when the only way to do so was via Death Leveling.

Coming back, I don't want to let that go to waste and with the new daily quests, I figured I have little excuse not to get the title.

As such, that's where most of my play time's sinking into. I have a necro loaded with gear that I need to move from pre to post so that I can unload and recreate the character (wanted to start a fresh Necro).

I've been thinking about the other campaigns as well, but the Defender of Ascalon title is deterring me from doing much else.

That said, it'd be nice to have some active people to talk to and party with when the time comes. Everyone on my friend list and in the guild I now apparently run are gone XD

What level are you at now? I actually did the same thing as you, I was death leveling my character a few years ago and I came back to these daily quests. I'm now level 20 but my character is still in pre searing.

Same, everyone I had on my friend list wasn't playing anymore so I deleted them all from my list. Lol Seems like some players are coming back to the game lately, a lot of them are not satisfied with GW2.
---
Proud retro gamer!
#8BurningRave18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 2:55:49 PM
Guild Wars 2 is alright. It's not the same type of game as Guild Wars, but for what it is, I can get some enjoyment out of it.

My pre searing character is currently Level 19 and about 5% of the way to 20. I have a feeling this final level will seem to drag on forever!
---
#9DraginvryPosted 10/23/2012 10:19:22 PM
NCPwn posted...
I bought GW2, and it killed my hype. Can't understand how a company can go from a game that was so awesome, to a game that was so nonsome.

I agree. The only thing Guild Wars 2 has really done better than the first game is the combat. I'm finding it harder and harder to play that game without it making me want to play something else. The game has been way oversimplified. The lack of customization is really starting to get to me. It's a mishmash of action and RPG, but it doesn't combine the two very well. I think the only thing that's been keeping me playing Guild Wars 2 is the fact that it still has a lot of the same charm for me that the first game does. But, it is really lacking any real sense of accomplishment. Guild Wars 2 is really an action game, and imho the RPG elements are mostly wasted on the game.

If Guild Wars 2 was a pure action game, I would probably like it a lot. But it is mired with a lot of RPG elements which make it feel very convoluted. The game has been simplified to the point where it's not quite simple enough to work as a pure action game, but it's not complicated enough to work as a good RPG. It's some freakish hybrid of Action/MMORPG that doesn't know what it wants to be.

I'm sure Guild Wars 2 will be an awesome game, but it might take a couple of years for that to happen. The game really needs a lot of updates, and potentially a lot of changes (particularly to World Vs. World Vs. World mode) before it has the kind of staying power that the first Guild Wars had for me.
#10GarquillPosted 10/31/2012 1:07:09 PM
The only thing Guild Wars 2 has really done better than the first game is the combat.

I think it's the exact opposite... the world, exploration, dynamic events are way ahead of GW1 PvE
but GW1 PvP and the combat system are still completely unrivaled
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein