Old player returning

#1BaronSolacePosted 10/24/2012 7:01:21 PM
So i bought this game back when eye of the north came out ( the entire set)

i made a necro on prophecies got to level 7 and then just quit playing, ive decided i really need to get back into it and earn those points for gw2, my question is help a newbie out? i dont even remember how to play the game
---
PSN - BaronVonSolace 3DS - Quin - 1977-0491-7773
#2alt_realityPosted 10/24/2012 9:18:57 PM(edited)
You might as well just start over since getting from levels 1-20 is just the beginning of the game and then you have a bunch of questing to do from there to get better gear and skills and such and it'll be a nice little refresher on how to play.

That being said, I've decided to give this another try since I only made it to the second world in Nightfall and quit because my N/A wasn't working out like I wanted it to. I will probably roll a Necro again but maybe try something more conventional... or do the exact same thing again. We'll see.

...on second thought this game is waaaaay too slow compared to GW2.
---
"We running out of time!" Sigurd, Typogears
#3SolhdierPosted 10/25/2012 5:40:51 AM
alt_reality posted...

I suppose you mean combat-wise because everything else is a long and boring chore in GW2.
---
Mexican [Sage]
#4BaronSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 4:20:10 PM
well damn.....i picked up my necro again and i guess i didnt miss out on much. i just dont remember what kind of build i was going for and my inventory is full of birthday gifts
---
PSN - BaronVonSolace 3DS - Quin - 1977-0491-7773
#5alt_realityPosted 11/13/2012 10:34:32 PM
Solhdier posted...
alt_reality posted...

I suppose you mean combat-wise because everything else is a long and boring chore in GW2.

In a game where combat is all you're really doing, that's huge. Yes, you can farm dungeons and DEs and wander around aimlessly to get 100% exploration but, outside of zergs (which... admittedly do happen a lot,) the regular combat is both fast-paced and engaging. Trying to play the original after this was pretty difficult to the point that I stopped almost immediately.
---
#6Psykic PetrolPosted 11/14/2012 12:26:23 PM
One of the problems this game has now is that the vast majority of people will never have been exposed to the organised pvp side, and will probably never be. I have it on good authority that it's pretty much just syncers now, bar perhaps a dozen or so, in both gvg and HA.
The combat is definitely not slow at all in gvg, in particular. While it's not the best solution, just downloading one of rawr's mAT videos will show how fast paced it can be, especially if it has the ventrilo session added on.
---
> Osama bin Laden has been killed
Stupid sod. He shouldn't have used his real address on the Playstation Network.
- KWall717
#7alt_realityPosted 11/14/2012 12:47:44 PM
Guild Wars at it's peak and Guild Wars now are two very different things. The variety of PvP options all sounded pretty fun but by the time I got to it it was just random four on four which was boring since over half of the time everyone says "oh no, they have two monks, resign."

As for PvE, it is definitely slower than GW2 so I don't see the point in trying to start that up again.
---
#8yakkacruzPosted 11/18/2012 2:22:06 PM
4v4 with 2 monks is actually bad and a team with 1 monk should beat them
---
You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi