This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, considering that NC Soft suddenly shut down City of Heroes...

#21iXCelticXiPosted 7/21/2013 1:28:42 AM
shipwreckers posted...
Man, this topic is old. I can't believe I posted the OP back in 2012...

Well, Guild Wars is still up, so that's a good thing!

And hopefully for years to come!
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#22MrXGamerPosted 7/22/2013 6:43:52 PM
Well, here's some good news -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-16-arenanet-guild-wars-1-could-last-forever

Looks like they're planning to keep it up forever after all... Good! This game is one of a kind, there's nothing else like it out there. If they ever shut it down, we can make them eat their own words.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#23shipwreckers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:20:25 PM
MrXGamer posted...
Well, here's some good news -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-16-arenanet-guild-wars-1-could-last-forever

Looks like they're planning to keep it up forever after all... Good! This game is one of a kind, there's nothing else like it out there. If they ever shut it down, we can make them eat their own words.

Very good news, indeed! I'm not sure how much resources were involved with keeping City of Heroes up and running, but apparently ArenaNet seems pretty confident about keeping this game up for a long time. Of course, it was never ArenaNet that I was worried about. It's NC Soft (since they technically own the IP). If only NC Soft could hand the IP over to ArenaNet, we'd be set!

Many of the comments in the article show skepticism because of the City of Heros thing, but the article is reassuring nonetheless.
---
Money is overrated...
#24shipwreckers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 12:23:59 PM
I still would prefer if there was some way to have a single-player/offline version of the game, just as a precaution. Heck, maybe even a private-server setup would be doable (sort of how people set up Minecraft).
---
Money is overrated...
#25Chrono007Posted 8/15/2013 1:55:41 PM
Just came back to see what was going on. I have a bunch of 8th year vouchers I need to decide what to do with.
---
"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut."
--Albert Einstein