This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still worth getting this game?

#1CallOfGoatyPosted 3/4/2013 4:29:44 AM
I don't really have a powerful enough machine to run Guild Wars 2 so I'm thinking of getting this one instead.

Still worth it? How are the community? Still a lot of people online?
---
Can't wait for my Wii UiiWXYZ.
Gotta love that PS2 Graphics.
#2Sora1105Posted 3/4/2013 7:22:53 PM
Logged on yesterday and saw a good number of people in kamadan(main city in nightfall). It's relatively cheap and you can use heroes and henchman if you can't find people to group with

If you're interested I say try it out
---
Love me or hate me, it won't make me or break me
#3Pirate 2Posted 3/6/2013 9:10:12 AM(edited)
its still a great game. ive played on and off since beta in spurts. ill burn myself out after a while but i always find myself coming back.. it was always more fun playing with friends though, but you might have a hard time convincing people to start playing such an old game, especially with gw 2 out.
#4Sora1105Posted 3/6/2013 6:21:13 PM(edited)
I'm down to play with you(or anyone for that matter) if you feel like that'd be more fun for you. Been feeling a little nostalgic so I'm playing all the classes I never got around to over the years.
---
Love me or hate me, it won't make me or break me
#5CallOfGoaty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 1:49:30 AM
How many people are still going online each day? Is there a number somewhere?
---
#6pyber80Posted 3/10/2013 5:39:19 PM
Doubtful that there are any active player numbers available, at least not official numbers. As I recall Arenanet has never really released that info publicly, instead just mentioning the number of copies sold (that number being something like 5 or 6 million in total, including all campaigns plus EotN). That said, the numbers are definitely down since GW2 launched last year, but there's still quite a few folks logging in that I've seen. Like mentioned earlier, even if there's no one around to lend you a hand with something you can still run most content easily with Heroes and Henchmen. There are still some large active guilds as well, so you could look into signing up with one of them if you prefer not to rely on PuGs or H/H'ing content.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pdoYu.png
#7CallOfGoaty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:05:19 AM
pyber80 posted...
Doubtful that there are any active player numbers available, at least not official numbers. As I recall Arenanet has never really released that info publicly, instead just mentioning the number of copies sold (that number being something like 5 or 6 million in total, including all campaigns plus EotN). That said, the numbers are definitely down since GW2 launched last year, but there's still quite a few folks logging in that I've seen. Like mentioned earlier, even if there's no one around to lend you a hand with something you can still run most content easily with Heroes and Henchmen. There are still some large active guilds as well, so you could look into signing up with one of them if you prefer not to rely on PuGs or H/H'ing content.

Is this game worth the single player experience? So far I'm loving the trial. Kinda lost about finding this valley thing quest at the beginning though.
---
#8pyber80Posted 3/16/2013 8:40:25 AM
Well I find it can be more fun to play with others for the most part (though PuGs of course can be a nuisance sometimes, heh), but that is true of most games like this. That said, the PvE content can still be enjoyed while solo'ing. And considering how cheap it can be to get the campaigns, I would say its worth the cost in that way as well, even if you decide to solo stuff most of the time. You can still play the game as if it were a single-player RPG and get quite a lot of entertainment out of it.

As for where you're at, I've not played through the early content in a long time, so I'm more than a little rusty on that, heh. If you haven't already, you could consult one of the wikis for tips on where to go and such. Otherwise, someone else whose memory is a little more fresh might still happen along here at dome point. I'll hopefully have my temporary system up and running later this weekend, so if you want some company later I can see about rolling up a new alt and refreshing my memory of the early parts of the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pdoYu.png
#9CallOfGoaty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 1:26:13 AM
pyber80 posted...
Well I find it can be more fun to play with others for the most part (though PuGs of course can be a nuisance sometimes, heh), but that is true of most games like this. That said, the PvE content can still be enjoyed while solo'ing. And considering how cheap it can be to get the campaigns, I would say its worth the cost in that way as well, even if you decide to solo stuff most of the time. You can still play the game as if it were a single-player RPG and get quite a lot of entertainment out of it.

As for where you're at, I've not played through the early content in a long time, so I'm more than a little rusty on that, heh. If you haven't already, you could consult one of the wikis for tips on where to go and such. Otherwise, someone else whose memory is a little more fresh might still happen along here at dome point. I'll hopefully have my temporary system up and running later this weekend, so if you want some company later I can see about rolling up a new alt and refreshing my memory of the early parts of the game.

I see. Thank you very much.

My order on the trilogy from amazon should arrive in the coming days.
---
#10CallOfGoaty(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:37:23 PM
Got the complete collection last sunday instead. So far I'm loving the game.
---