This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The first Guild Wars was my first MMO. I thought it was perfect.

#1NashtheLionPosted 6/4/2013 11:26:40 PM
Years later I bought GW2 for my younger brother hoping he would enjoy the sequel as much as I did the first. He did not. For good reason. I tried it out, saw how different it was...some charm and reliance on specific classes wanting to party to help achieve a bigger goal.

Anyways, after many years, I'm thinking about going back. I stopped at Eye of the North with about 2500 hrs logged total. I've been trying to find some vague numbers on how the community is doing but forums tell very little. Most just want it to be revived again, others playing it with no problem. ( so they say )

Anyone playing GW currently or know anyone still in it?
I'm just wondering if it's worth getting again. The "EVERYTHING EDITION" or something.

Also looking into Secret World for the lols.
---
Official Clown that dies at the start of Parasite Eve.
Read. Think. Listen. Shut the hell up.
#2Psykic PetrolPosted 6/5/2013 12:15:21 PM
A large chunk of the remaining players are hidden, in that they're usually playing with hero teams - which is where you may be getting the 'plays fine' messages from. And for the most part, they're right as the game is very doable with just heroes (albeit some bits, such as vanquishing certain parts of Ascalon, are made far easier & quicker with decent human players). Whether or not these make up the (large) minority or the majority I can't say.

However, the visibility of players is more apparent around the outposts/missions for the daily quests because they provide something in common that people can gather around, so to speak.

This is based on what I can extrapolate about the situation in PvE because it's been about 9-10 months since I last played, but I would expect it to be fairly accurate. PvP, beyond random arenas is pretty much dead though, although you may get a spike in activity in alliance battles during AB weekends.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#3NashtheLion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 1:24:57 PM
Thanks for the info.
---
Official Clown that dies at the start of Parasite Eve.
Read. Think. Listen. Shut the hell up.