The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Having problems getting the skill point "Operate Heavy Machinery" on Endako

#1JoRo1986Posted 6/4/2008 1:19:08 AM
I understand how to use the crane to kill the enemies, but every time I go back to that level, there's only 9 possible enemies I can kill with the crane. So how on earth am I supposed to get 10? Thanks for any help. Love this game!
#2drakarsbPosted 6/4/2008 2:55:24 AM
Die and then kill another one with the crane. >.>
#3RSmitPosted 6/4/2008 4:27:15 AM
On a return visit to Endako kill the group of bots in the first room with the crane.
Now walk back out of the room and jump off a platform to your doom.
When you respawn you kill the group of bots in the first room with the crane again and then you go to the second room, where you do the same.

Now you will have killed more than the required 10 bots with the crane so you will get the skill point.

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#4JoRo1986(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2008 6:15:48 AM
Ah, okay. Thanks so much! I didn't realize dying would make them respawn, lol. This game makes dying more rewarding than you would think.
#5RSmitPosted 6/4/2008 2:51:42 PM
The trick with this solution is that you have to die before you reach the CONTINUE POINT which is at the exit of the first room with the robots (the room after the one with the crane controls). Once you pass that CONTINUE POINT the enemies you killed in the previous part will not respawn when you kill yourself. The second room won't work because only the 2 laser robots respawn and somehow they don't count as the tenth victim for the skill point.

So dying can have its benefits, as long as you know where. :P

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#6Secret__Agent_SPosted 6/21/2008 5:44:45 AM
Or you can grab the laser bot and make that kill everything.
---
Lurking GameFAQS one board at a time