Problem with Game Shark: Frozen Game!

#1PsychoSpazzy101Posted 8/22/2009 7:22:41 PM
I used the Game Shark 2 for ps2 on my system and selected all Ratchet and Clank cheats. I wasn't sure if it'd work cuz sometimes it doesn't but i figured "What the heck". So after i selected all cheats, I inserted my Ratchet and Clank:Going Commando disc and watched it start up. I selected my save file on Planet Tabora (the mining area/ underground cavern) and i watched the part where the ship flies around in space and then lands on the planet. I waited to see Ratchet jump out of his ship, but this didn't happen. Instead the music started for that planet and the screen stayed black. I have no idea what to do now; i tried cleaning the disc and the PS2, all my other PS2 games work just fine, i even waited about 3 months then decided to try again (btw this happened over 6 months ago). I have no idea what to do and if i have to start over i think i might cry. Can anyone PLEASEEEE HELP?!?!
#2battleblastPosted 8/23/2009 2:23:20 AM
When using a cheat device it's important to understand how it works. See the codes are put into memory for the desired game. You put too many, or just certain codes will cause the game to be prone to crash/freeze. So try selecting just the codes you want. Ideally in R&C2 the only things you need are faster lvl up for weapons/nano, and quick bolt gain. Anything else is prone to mess you up.

Something else you might want to check is game version. As I believe it's been mentioned there are two main versions of the game stateside. Often labeled on your cheat device as version 1.0, and version 1.1. Possibly even Greatest Hits version. This could also set you off.
---
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN
#3PsychoSpazzy101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2009 2:54:02 PM
yea i selected all the cheats i figured it'd be cool
but then how do i get my game running again?
do i have to use the gameshark and only select those certain cheats?
#4battleblastPosted 8/26/2009 3:34:11 PM
Unless it saved the cheats you should be able to just restart like you would without the gameshark. If it saved them then you'll haft to start a new game.
---
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN