Thank you board!

#1TwilightOrochiPosted 11/6/2012 6:20:52 AM
I've been playing Gotcha Force again because of this board, so much fun man.
Btw, i've heard about that reprint or something, does that mean that there might be a sequel?

That is all.
---
Watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, if u haven't seen it yet.
But beware, it has horror elements and psycho's in it and u may get very emotional sometimes.
#2HerPandaPosted 11/6/2012 9:22:04 AM
Welcome! I've seen your name before, Deviant Art maybe. It's always nice to see more people that like Gotcha though :) so thank YOU!

And we did think there might be a sequel, but all of the "unlikely suprise announcements" Capcom had made after the reprint turned out to be other stuff (a monster hunter puzzle game, and E.X. Troopers). There was a "reprint" back in March I think, Gamecube copies, and it came in two bundles: A collectors edition with an artbook and soundtrack, and the game by itself. Both sold out within 24 hours, and they even had little sweepstakes contests where if you won you'd get something drawn by Gotcha Force's dev team, which I think was pretty cool.

But, lots of people don't really think it was an actual "reprint" (the Gamecube being dead for 5+ years already), and was just actually them finding more copies in a warehouse somewhere. Either way though, there's still a following in Japan (wall stickers and the intro were seen in a store window just last year), so anything's possible :D
#3TwilightOrochi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 10:14:23 AM
Thanks! I don't have a Deviant Art, so not me, but Twilight and Orochi are pretty generic so it's easy to mistake me for someone else.

Sounds like there's enough interest in a sequel, so here's to hoping.
Would be great if there'd be one for the Wii U or 3DS.
The extra copies thing sounds plausible tho i don't think it'd be hard for them to just print out more Gotcha Force if they still had the game data and stuff.

Btw, did you hear about that new Capcom Social media game? It has the Gotcha Force girl in it, the one who wears black and purple with the Battle Girl borgs, that's an awesome little nod to Gotcha Force.
---
But beware, it has horror elements and psycho's in it and u may get very emotional sometimes.
#4HerPandaPosted 11/6/2012 1:47:02 PM(edited)
TwilightOrochi posted...
Btw, did you hear about that new Capcom Social media game? It has the Gotcha Force girl in it, the one who wears black and purple with the Battle Girl borgs, that's an awesome little nod to Gotcha Force.

*searches internet*

ODO

Above green haired girl's head:
http://i46.tinypic.com/vcw1u0.jpg

Above Phoenix:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2en18id.png

Link:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/05/capcom-and-gree-partner-up-for-capcom-all-stars-and-other-social-games/

All of you, look at that now, this good sir/ma'am speaks GOOD TRUTH!

and you, TwilightOrochi, are awesome. +500 GF energy for you.

edit: Aaaand, I'm going to spread this all over every place related to Gotcha Force :D. Oh, and to the reprint, another reason why people don't think they actually reprinted it, is because it'd be hard to find a manufacturer who would print on the GCN disks (as they've already converted to the larger disks, so it'd be harder to find someone to print it). But yeah...with this...you've convinced me that it was an actual reprint lol.
#5TwilightOrochi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 3:36:12 PM
Happy to share the knowledge with a fellow Gotcha Force fan ^_^
If only we knew what kind of game it is, but im guessing some sort of puzzle fighting game.

Oh, i see, well it doesn't really matter now does it. What matters is that it sold like hotcakes and that pleases me.
---
#6HerPandaPosted 11/6/2012 6:39:31 PM
Yeah lol, whatever it is, it's good for publicity, and that's what counts right now!

After looking at the article...I noticed this was posted back in September o_o, and no one on the GFF boards knew about it either. If Gotcha Force 2 was announced and no one was there to repost it...would it make a sound?? *something to think about*

Alright. You got me. I'm going to play this again this weekend, whether I have time to or not. Gonna try out Beam Tank, never used him before but he's a pretty cool guy. Shoots lazors and doesn't afraid of nothin.
#7TwilightOrochi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 3:51:31 PM
Beam tank, 3 of em at the same time was annoying. They either shot you witht heir giant lazors or drilled your heaven to kingdom come.

Im interested in using the Knight borgs with shields, but they are kind of hard to defend with correctly haha.
---
#8HerPandaPosted 11/7/2012 6:31:11 PM
Yeah, the Beam Tank Trio come up a lot on our discussion lately, notably in our Best AI Teams thread. Too far and you're dead, too close and you're dead, just right and they surround you and kill you. Since we've talked about them so much (and since he JUST got knocked out of the tournament bracket), I feel obligated to at least try them out lol.
#9presea_loverPosted 11/8/2012 2:14:02 AM
Next time I boot up Gotcha Force I'm going to play around with Beam Tank. My problem with him before was I could own everything at long range, but AI borgs have a very annoying ability to know exactly when I'm going to dash at them. So they would dodge and I'd drill forward into nothing. :|

Probably I should just dance around a bit more before committing to a melee attack, but you can't really dance with tanks.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
#10Death CommanderPosted 11/10/2012 4:37:37 AM
That's why you stagger them with a laser then drill their faces off.
---
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.