So, favorite clan?

#1PhoenixNinePosted 1/22/2009 4:19:42 AM
Been a while since one of these topics popped up, so might as well.

I can't rightly decide, actually. I like Toreador, Tremere, Malkavian and Gangrel. >_>

Toreador because they're just fun to play, in and out of combat. Malkavians are just hilarious. Nothing like a crazy Gangrel in a fight, had some awesome moments there. And Tremere...well...I'm a sucker for Blood Boil. Whee!
---
~Always go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!~
#2JosieJPosted 1/24/2009 5:39:37 PM
Just recently returned to this game after a lengthy time away and I'd forgotten how much I loved it! I've at least tried all the clans. My favorite is Tremere (still!), but I liked all of them except Nosferatu and Brujah. Just couldn't get into it with those two.
#3DokEnkephalinPosted 1/25/2009 10:51:41 PM
The Malkavian was the only one I didn't get bored with before finishing the game. They have the very best lines! It reminded me of Delirium from the Sandman series.

STOP sign: STOP.
Malkavian: No, YOU StOp!
STOP sign: ...
Malkavian: No, YOU StOp!
STOP sign: ...
Malkavian: YoU'vE MaDe A pOwErFuL eNeMy ThIs DaY, sIgN!
#4Auron66Posted 1/26/2009 1:05:01 AM
Clan Malkavian, the insanity makes the world that much brighter. I mean, talking with a stop-sign, a television and the great sentences which somewhat hold poetry inside...

<3 love them
---
Father of the N.O.O.T.L (National Organization Of Toad Lickers)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mastersolitarius
#5PsazumPosted 1/26/2009 9:06:40 PM
who doesn't?
---
sig not included
#6ronnetPosted 1/27/2009 1:57:49 AM
I'm on my second playthrough atm so I couldn't say which one I like best yet but Malkavians sound like a lot of fun. Do you need certain skills to get their lines? Or are they regular white linesthat are just uniue to them?
#7Flint_aPosted 1/27/2009 4:02:00 PM
Their "regular" lines are usually crazy as well, but a couple of points in Dementation is definitely necessary to make the game a lot of fun.
#8PsazumPosted 1/28/2009 6:32:36 PM
yeah, extra dots in dementation means extra (crazy) lines.
---
sig not included
#9Glenn_UrbanPosted 1/29/2009 2:56:34 PM
Brujah, baby, Brujah.
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Stephen G. Tallentyre aka Evelyn Beatrice Hall
#10PsazumPosted 1/29/2009 6:29:24 PM
okay, here's my analysis.

malkavian is everybody's favourite. for the second favourite it depends on your preferences. if you read a lot of anne rice, you'd probably picked toreador, since lestat is clearly one. on the other hand, if you grew up playing thief or tenchu, you'd probably prefer a nosferatu (if the costumes don't put you off first), and the rest still follow the same pattern.

what do you guys think?
---
sig not included