How to use unofficial patch with Steam version

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. How to use unofficial patch with Steam version

User Info: Aquacello

Aquacello
5 years ago#1
So I just bought this on Steam and I am downloading the unofficial patch 7.8, and I was wondering if there is a certain method you have to use to update the game or if you can just run the patch and it will automatically install to the right place.

User Info: steker16

steker16
5 years ago#2
i installed it directly to the game folder in the steam directory, it worked fine. but there is some bug im coming across that i dont know if its related to the patch or not, but alot ground/wall/door/window textures are all fuzzy, like a TV with no signal fuzzy, white black static like
nomnomnom

User Info: wesp5

wesp5
5 years ago#3
This shouldn't happen. Be sure to turn automatic updates and community in Steam off, then patch again.

User Info: Hououin_Kyouma

Hououin_Kyouma
5 years ago#4
I just got this on steam too and I'm not very good at installing patches. Could someone explain it to me?
El Psy Congroo.

User Info: Powdered_Toast

Powdered_Toast
5 years ago#5
So I turned off automatic updates, installed the patch, and played for a few days. I tried to play again today, and Steam had turned auto updates back on and won't let me turn them off. Can I do anything other than just keeping Steam in offline mode?
Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
5 years ago#6
Powdered_Toast, if you haven't yet, check out the other thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914819-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/60885352
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  3. How to use unofficial patch with Steam version

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived