Available memory less than 15MB!

#1RandomHeroPosted 10/31/2011 4:22:14 PM
just bought and installed the game on Steam

installed the latest patch with the plus version

game won't boot and tells me "Available memory less than 15MB!" because I have more than 4GB memory

i've googled the issue and came across various websites addressing the issue, such as http://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/index.html?part4

but can't understand or figure out what to do. I'd like to solve the problem without toggling the ram of my entire PC
---
so
#2gatechgamerPosted 10/31/2011 4:30:35 PM
Are you running Windows 7 64-bit OS? If so, just right click on "vampire.exe" and change the file's compatibility to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)."
#3vlado_ePosted 10/31/2011 5:18:46 PM
Install the Unofficial Patch:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

In addition to the memory issue, it fixes a whole bunch of other stuff and if you install the Plus version (you get a choice when you launch it) - it even restores some content, like dialogue and a some quests.
---
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
#4RandomHero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 6:23:10 PM
I already installed Unofficial English Patch 7.8a

gatechgamer thanks for the fast response. stupid question, but where can I find the .exe?

program files > Activision > Vampire - Bloodlines

takes me to the games folders, but I see no exe. just Bin, Extras, and Vampire. in the Extras subfolder there are some patch applications that I was able to switch to Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and I switched them to run as administrator while I was at it, but I still can't find the game .exe.
---
so
#5joefitts63Posted 10/31/2011 7:12:13 PM
Steam installs games under its own directory structure. On my Win7 64 bit it is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines
---
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack
#6RandomHero(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 9:20:28 PM
thanks, that did the trick

after playing DX and hearing this game has some similarities I'm pretty excited about it
---
so