Can you use a wired 360 controller on this game?

#1SkylineMMAPosted 12/7/2010 1:53:40 AM

I can use one for Final Fantasy XIV.

#2pyber80Posted 12/7/2010 8:40:50 AM
That's nice for you.

That said, its probably possible, but unlike FFXIV this game is not designed with consoles in mind. There will be far too many skills and other things for a controller to really be feasible, let alone a good idea. Feel free to try using a keymapper and playing the game, but my suggestion is to just buck up and use your keyboard and mouse.

---
"When I die you can stop readin my posts then
But for now I'm rappin with force like I'm spittin midichlorians."
-- TormakSaber
#3darkblade125Posted 12/9/2010 9:20:13 AM
Agreed. A gamepad would make this FAR more frustrating to manage, than to simply just use the KB+mouse.
---
A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves..or find themselves lacking.- Kreia
#4Phazor58Posted 12/12/2010 10:08:27 PM
There's also the fact that this is a good game and not still in beta (if you don't think FFXIV is still in beta you're kidding yourself).
---
PSN: Phazor58 (Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the message or I will not add you)
Steam: Phaz (Julius Caesar avatar)
#5params7Posted 12/17/2010 6:50:21 PM
FF14 was designed to be played with the dualschock 3. The PC release is like a beta release for the PS3, and you can see that now that they are replacing the management team and revamping the game and delaying the PS3 release.

Traditional MMOs like LoTRO/WoW, impossible to play with a controller fully. I mean it might be possible but it would be highly uncomfortable. Otherwise WoW would have been on consoles by now.
---
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png