Help, not giving me the game master award

#1panicattack1357Posted 3/8/2011 12:16:53 AM
I have 100% in this game (100.96% to be exact, which i remember reading in an faq is the most you can get) and yet i still don't have the game master award. I have every other award in the game, plus all possible upgrades and I have beaten the fight arena entirely. I have done everything I can possibly think of, yet it will not unlock. The only thing I can think of that might have occurred is that the game glitched and did not register one of the awards unlocking even though all of them are complete in the awards screen. Due to the difficulty of doing some of the awards, I do not want to re-do everything, but the completionist in me wants the final title just so I can consider the game fully complete. If anyone has any suggestions or has had this happen to them, help is greatly appreciated.
#2pantibonicoPosted 3/11/2011 12:49:55 AM
WELL CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D

Sorry. Canīt help you with that, as Iīve never managed to pass some of the challenges. :(

But plz, could you tell me some advice about how to pass the last mission on Daily Bugle Photos. Itīs impossible to beat!!! I mean How much time do you need to come back to the Daily Bugle after the last photo is taken? One minute? One minute and a half? Which way is the shortest? Iīm pretty despaired here...

THX for any help given!
#3panicattack1357(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2011 1:38:55 PM
Sorry for the late reply I've been busy with college. I don't really remember exactly what I did for the last bugle mission, since I beat everything about 4 years ago. I do remember it being a b**** to do though. I think getting to the first photo icon with at least 3:20 left gives you enough time, and with the highest swing speed you can get back quick enough. Just keep trying new ways and new routes, that's what I did. If you make a mistake, instead of restarting right away try getting the other icons using different tactics, something may work out really well and save you some time. I'm sure you have the exact layout memorized, so just keep trying little things to shave off those seconds. Sorry I can't help you more, it has been a longgg time since I did this. I hope you can complete everything and get the game master award, then you can tell me everything you did and maybe I'll finally have it, because having it be the only thing left when I've done everything else is driving me crazy.
#4pantibonicoPosted 3/17/2011 4:48:31 AM
Gosh!!! So You reach the first icon in 45 sec or so? Awesome

I canīt reach it in less that a minute or so, and then I end messin up one way or another at Roosevelt Island, and when I want to come back to the Bugle, there are 40 secs left which is impossible even for a cool superhero like Spiderman...

Allīs that left in my game is Bugle mission and a couple of challenges of insane difficulty. Have you checked out you made ALL the challenges?

Other thing If you beat the arena challenges, check out you didnīt RESET any challenge, cuz you have the option
to do that when you finish it. If you did it, try beating the challenge AGAIN and donīt reset it again.

If I EVER find something about that possible GLITCH, Iīll let you know. But for that, I need to beat that DAMN Bugle mission, which is horrible (hardest challenge ever...sigh)
#5panicattack1357(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2011 2:44:43 PM
The challenges' mega times were the hardest thing to do for me, some of the insane ones were brutal. The last one I had to finish was the one in central park where you have to swing over the lake to hit the target high above it and go back and forth between the park a few times, and the insane challenge in the park with the tricks and two high markers was the second to last one I did. It felt so good to finally beat those. If you are having trouble with some of the challenges, check youtube. Theres one guy who runs through all of the hard challenges and beats the mega times, so it may be easy to replicate it once you have the strategy down. I did not know about that when I beat them and it would have made it a lot easier, the bugle mission may be on there too. I hope you finish everything, its a great feeling and it would help me then too. Just keep trying on the bugle mission, doing well on the actually picture taking portion is the most important part, I remember messing up a few times on the return trip and the trip to the island and I still made it. Just keep trying. I will have to check your suggestions when I get home, I know I beat all of the challenges' mega times, and I don't believe I reset the fight arena but I may have. If it is a glitch I guess I can live with it, I just want the game to recognize that I conquered everything. Hopefully theres just something I'm missing that I can do for it.
#6pantibonicoPosted 3/20/2011 11:00:22 AM
Now I remember I heard a legend about this game some time ago that might interest you A LOT

I never could check it out myself, but you could be able to. Apparently, once you finish EVERYTHING in this tough game, a SECRET island appears, called "Governorīs Island", It seems that you can go there via secret helicopter that also appears all of a sudden. Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGVeOGmwXf4.

Pay special attention to one of the comments below, the one from Disenchanted360.

Maybe you should try this rumor for yourself, and then report it here!!!!

About the challenges, I think that person you refer to is Djhaigh. I know his/her videos and they helped me a lot in some insane challenges, but indeed, the challenges left are in Central Park (The one with the ULTRA-HIGH icon, and other one where you have to rebound in a tree at the beginning). Problem is it seems he/she didnīt manage to beat those challenges as well, and never post a video with the Daily Bugle missions :S

Anyway, Good Luck with the island! Other than that, I donīt know how to help you...
#7kotrenyPosted 3/20/2011 11:41:19 PM
This is a known issue with the Game Master Award. The Game Master Award unlocks when your game completion percentage is exactly 100%. However, completing everything in the game does not equal 100% but rather 100.96%. If your game completion percentage is over 100, Game Master will not unlock. An example of this would be completing a Best Time and Mega Time on a single Trick Marker at the same time after obtaining every other possible award in the game. You would then be awarded the Silver Medal and Gold medal at the same time. Doing so will place you above 100% and therefore cause the game to not award Game Master.

As a bi-product of this issue, it will also appear that the Game Master Award is awarded too early. If you reach 100% you will be awarded the Game Master Award. However, there still may be some 1-2 awards that have not yet been obtained.

SOURCE: activision.com support, answer ID 12517. Or you can search "spiderman 2 game master".

LINK: https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=4h6balCj&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=0&p_search_text=&srch_btn_submit=%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0Search%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

I too have just completed the game at 100.96%. I was confused that the award was not acquired, so I did some online investigation. Bummer, but at least we have the comfort of knowing this is a recognized glitch.
#8kotrenyPosted 3/21/2011 1:00:43 AM
About the Governors Island rumor. I checked the city map from Ellis Island (was just playing around), and no new land mass was visible in the marked spot. Nothing could be seen from the normal camera in that direction either, and I think it's unlikely that something so important would somehow be visible from another vantage point. I don't know about what happens when you get the Game Master award, however. But seeing as that award's criterion was so poorly implemented, I highly doubt the programmers could have made any effort to include something with it, or else they would have double checked the code. Unless, of course, they are so devious!
#9kotrenyPosted 3/21/2011 1:01:44 AM
About the Governors Island rumor. I checked the city map from Ellis Island (was just playing around), and no new land mass was visible in the marked spot. Nothing could be seen from the normal camera in that direction either, and I think it's unlikely that something so important would somehow be visible from another vantage point. I don't know about what happens when you get the Game Master award, however. But seeing as that award's criterion was so poorly implemented, I highly doubt the programmers could have made any effort to include something with it, or else they would have double checked the code. Unless, of course, they are so devious!
#10kotrenyPosted 3/21/2011 1:02:47 AM
Sorry about the double post. My internet was acting up.