Top ten list (best games of 2005) brought back a lot of memories

#1smashdxburtPosted 11/10/2012 11:38:02 PM
I remember in 2003-2004 anticipating this game so much. Playing Conker's Bad Fur Day every day after school. Looking up new videos for this game every day. Sitting on the Gamefaqs message boards for hours just speculating on this game. Gamestop had a special disc for this game if you reserved it that had tons of videos and a playable demo of the war chapter. I beat that at least once every day from when I bought it until the actual game came out. When this game finally came out I logged SOOO many hours playing it. I think I anticipated this game too much and got my expectations too high, but it just looked so damn good in the videos. I think aside from Super Smash Bros. Melee I had never been as pumped for a game to come out.

Looking back on it now I do believe that Conker's Bad Fur Day is the superior version, but this game still has a special place in my heart. I especially liked that you were able to pick the names of the bots in multiplayer. All mine were juvenile and flat out offensive.

But anyway...how did you first find out about this game? Is there anybody on this board from those days? I remember Frofrodajimmyboy and Bendilin. Bendilin had a grudge against me because of something I said that he misunderstood, so he would basically just troll me.
---
"Manos"
the hands of fate