This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire truck mission, best location to achieve

#1ImperialLegendPosted 1/28/2008 4:35:27 PM
I'm now trying the fire truck missions I tried around the stadium which was good for starters but by level 10 I was doing mission at the airport, I tried that town up north but I was being pulled north to the interstate and south to the country road so that didn't work. I also tried around the Johnson House but that was too close to the interstate. So what is the best location for doing the fire truck missions.
#2cballacPosted 1/28/2008 4:51:18 PM
put on the cars on water cheat then go into the oceans, all the fires are immediatly put out so you automatically win. No thanks needed..... its what i do
---
WORST USER EVER!!! Just kidding.... only for Venna tho
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
#3metrovichPosted 1/28/2008 5:40:04 PM
What about without cheats? I take it i'm not the only one who never uses cheats.
#4ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 1/28/2008 6:00:41 PM
I guess anywhere remote so there isn't much to get in your way.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#5ImperialLegend(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2008 6:31:15 PM
The water cheat doesn't work for me anyway I can go on water but the burning cars stay on land.
#6STG DeathbotPosted 1/28/2008 6:31:42 PM
Bone County. Big open areas with very little places for peds to run and hide. I would advise that you start the missions on the road just west of the Las Venturas freeway. It is the road that spans into Bone County. Most of the peds will spawn on that long stretch which makes it perfect for this mission.

Just don't start this mission near your Abandoned Airstrip. Not only do the wrecked planes play hell on the peds you try to save, but there is also a very good chance that the peds will start spawning towards the military base. If they get close enough, they will start spawning inside the base. At that point, you can kiss level 12 good-bye.
---
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2GHz) | 2 GB Patriot RAM | XFX nVidia GeForce 7900GT 550/1580 OC'd @ 570/1800
#7ramonigoPosted 1/30/2008 2:30:37 AM
If you are willing to use a glitch in your favor and not consider it cheating... Activate the trasnfender glitch (it makes traffic and peds disappear) on Las Venturas , have a fire truck good and ready in a garage then activate the missions , piece of cake !
#8greybeardPosted 1/30/2008 4:22:19 AM
I've been working my way through the Taxi, Pimping, Ambulance, Firetruck and Vigilante missions this week. BTW I made a mistake in Vice City, leaving those missions too late in the game and simply not being able to complete either Fire or Ambulance because of the other gangs. So, if you don't do them early in the game you could have extra trouble wherever you do them.

Best place, I believe, is to base yourself around the central Los Santos Hospital region for all these missions. You'll get sent to the beach, marina, Vinewood, Commerce, Little Mexico etc. But, I found, the tricky to negotiate Mullholland intersection, the purple gang areas and the annoying airport region rarely feature.

The good thing about this central area is that it is mostly flat with plenty of wide fast roads.

I've always wondered if the properties you own determine where you're sent to. I'd bought the beach house before I did any of these missions and saved there immediately prior to my attempts.

Of those mentioned the only ones I've had trouble with are the Vigilante ones and that's because of the lack of bribe stars in that area and the fact I haven't found any useful heavy weaponry yet ie. rockets.
#9gTaProdigYPosted 1/30/2008 5:54:14 AM
Metro, it drives me crazy when people use cheats in any gta... mainly because people with actual skill in the game are not recognized but are rewarded when they do a mission then unlock something and never gotta memorize a code. i think the best fire truck missions are in san fierro but u gotta learn the map with all the hills etc.
#10STG DeathbotPosted 1/30/2008 3:06:02 PM
BTW I made a mistake in Vice City, leaving those missions too late in the game and simply not being able to complete either Fire or Ambulance because of the other gangs. So, if you don't do them early in the game you could have extra trouble wherever you do them.

I disagree. Downtown. Easy as pie (to add to the desert reference).
---
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2GHz) | 2 GB Patriot RAM | XFX nVidia GeForce 7900GT 550/1580 OC'd @ 570/1800