This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Driving School in San Fierro?

#1invincibleirvinPosted 4/11/2008 10:08:10 PM
When i complete the Driving School im supposed to receive a call that informs me of the racing missions. I am not getting this phone call whats the problem?
---
"While considering your options, Remember this and remember it well: Choice without consequences is no choice at all-George Jung"
#2jkjklklPosted 4/11/2008 10:22:32 PM
Did you do Yay Ka Boom Boom?
---
I'm depressed and I need a girlfriend. Hopefully one which boosts adjacent units' attack and defence. ~~ Hardtalk_13
#3invincibleirvin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2008 10:24:48 PM
No i didnt.
---
"While considering your options, Remember this and remember it well: Choice without consequences is no choice at all-George Jung"
#4bigM10231Posted 4/11/2008 10:58:01 PM
one of those ladies that were in there is a date free car repair she has a monster truck not the ford one or the white chevy one its simular to the yosemite
#5invincibleirvin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2008 11:10:20 PM
what does that have to do with what i asked? lol
---
#6atwyattPosted 4/12/2008 12:21:51 AM
*MAYBE SPOILERS*

As far as I know, the racing missions aren't unlocked until Verdant Meadows becomes available for purchase.

Unlocking the races also unlocks the *airplane* races, and they don't want the player to be flying around in airplanes before they've been officially introduced in the story line. So the call comes pretty soon after the airstrip becomes available for purchase.

---
RE4 Videos: hosted.filefront.com/atwyatt --- www.youtube.com/atwyatt
Mercs high scores: castle-323,970, village-200,800, WW-177,500, base-159,300
#7invincibleirvin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2008 12:55:07 AM
are you talking about the call for the CAR races?...the guide i was using says after beating the "Deconstruction" mission and completing the car driving school i get a call saying there are car races.
---
#8taylor_37Posted 4/12/2008 1:55:26 AM

Completing driving school may be a requirement for receiving the call in the future, although deconstruction is a standard game mission, so I`m not sure how that could affect car race requirements.

Despite what it says in your guide, you will not receive the call regarding car races and aircraft checkpoint challenges until you unlock Las Venturas, as per certain comments above.

#9atwyattPosted 4/12/2008 7:36:03 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think Deconstruction has anything to do with the call that unlocks the races. That's still too early in the story line. (Other than obviously that it needs to be completed to go on in the game.)

There IS a call where (*MAYBE SPOILERS*) Wang Autos is unlocked for purchase. That comes pretty soon.

---
RE4 Videos: hosted.filefront.com/atwyatt --- www.youtube.com/atwyatt
Mercs high scores: castle-323,970, village-200,800, WW-177,500, base-159,300
#10willief28Posted 4/12/2008 11:02:24 AM
After Deconstruction you get a call saying that you can go to the driving school, not the races.

All the game races are unlocked sometime around Las Venturas, maybe around/after the flight ones. You may have to complete flight school first becuse there is a race selector thing inside the airport of Venturas. It contains races (that aren't really races) where all you do is fly around in a plane.
---
Trolls stay away from this topic. (I am CJ).