This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

N.O.E. How are you supposed to pass this??

#1victor992Posted 7/27/2009 11:37:41 AM
It seems that no matter what I do, I fail this mission somehow. It's so frustrating, what do I have to do?
---
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. 7% are too ignorant to try listening to good rap. Sig this if you're one of the 1% who listens to rap AND 'real music'.
#2atwyattPosted 7/27/2009 11:44:17 AM
Flying over the ocean is the easiest way. (ie. around the map.)

Otherwise, just stay low over the ground, watch out for late-spawning trees, etc., fly towards the SF Airport, then follow that highway down to the town. Easy enough.

Most likely you probably just need to practice flying the plane. I would just take about 20 minutes or so to just fly it around to get used to the controls. Practice flying under bridges, etc.
#3Azteca25Posted 7/27/2009 12:34:09 PM
Like mentioned before, fly over the water toward San Fierro, then at southern part of the city fly across some land so that you can fly over the ocean on the left side of Mt. Chilliad on the map. This is the method I used to beat the mission. Works great.
#4RedneckPiratePosted 7/27/2009 2:36:56 PM
Yaw. That's the most important thing to do if you aren't good at piloting yet.
---
"someone named sk8r_boi giving some else crap over their screen name
What a tool." - True Rune
#5victor992(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2009 5:06:50 PM
I use that method, but I have trouble on the turn, to get to the ring where you have to drop the package. But when I do and go through the ring, something always happens to me on the way back. Once I flew low, but too low, so I hit the water and failed. Another time I flew too high and had the planes after me, I landed on Verdant Meadows, but instead of a mission passed, the planes hit me with missiles, my plane blows up and I fail the mission. I feel like I'm cursed with this mission. But I will practice with the plane and try the mission later.
---
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap. 7% are too ignorant to try listening to good rap. Sig this if you're one of the 1% who listens to rap AND 'real music'.
#6BardockpwnsjooPosted 7/28/2009 2:37:02 AM
(Motions from a dark alleyway, wearing a dark trenchcoat.)
Pssst! Hey, you. Yeah, you kid.

I heard you're having trouble flying the coup.... Wanna buy a cheat for 20 bucks? It'll make your plane like a tank.
---
I'll blow you away! In a minute! As soon as I remember how to do this move. I think I press R2 and then... dang.
#7atwyattPosted 7/29/2009 5:00:48 PM
The main thing for flying over the water is to watch the shadow to know how high the plane is. Also, some beginners find it helpful to use 1st person instead of third. But you can't see the airplane.

For flying over land, the main thing is to watch out for poles and trees. Particularly the ones that load up at the last minute (yes, it's programmed to do that, similar to the car door that lands on CJ.)

Also, don't steer the plane too much, because that will make it go all over the place. When you're flying well, you're practically doing nothing. The plane just flies itself, in a relatively straight line. And you use the slightest touches of the left analogue stick to keep it on line. And just hold down the X button.
#8StormydayzPosted 7/30/2009 8:31:49 AM
I like your signature victor.
---
Ignorance may truly be bliss...
#9victor992(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 11:04:13 PM
^Thanks for the compliment. And I forgot about first person mode, I'll certainly try that.
---
#10GagePersonPosted 8/9/2009 10:08:22 AM
What I usually do is go straight to Sherman Resivoir (behind the Dam), over the dam, and then down the river from there, staying close to the water and going under the bridges, with the exception of the last one. At Easter Bay Airport, I go up and start flying over the highway, until it curves and I continue to go straight. Afterwards the only hard part remaining is going over the trees near Angel Pine, and then going back.
---
Rgwew qukk vw aryousust
Oewoaew die aryousurt