This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardest GTA Mission?

#1ThJok3rPosted 7/12/2011 4:29:36 AM
Since San Andreas seems to be the most active board of the GTA's, I'm going to also let this include missions from any GTA from GTA III on.

I'm also including side missions for this. Anything really that can be done for 100%.

I have a few ideas in mind.

Supply Lines for starters. The NRG challenge was pretty hard as well. The off-road missions in GTA III were pretty hard also.
---
The ICU: A clan for people who use UAV.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/ICUclan/index/
#2Jas_PataPosted 7/12/2011 7:13:33 AM
The RC plane from Zero sticks out in my mind... also Golding one of the driving school missions, cant remember which... though I havent given them too much time recently... Im sure Id stand a much better chance completing them now than last time I gave SA a play thru.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#3elconoMPosted 7/12/2011 7:15:01 AM
bear fight, achievement for gta 4
---
Owner of two DS Lite. Pokemon player. Adventurer of the Kingdom of Loathing. Series fan of Grand Theft Auto & Animal Crossing. DS friend codes in quote.
#4anonymous46773Posted 7/12/2011 7:49:09 AM
I always had harder times with the missions in GTA3; even some of the easier ones. No idea why :(
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5DruffPosted 7/12/2011 12:51:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DruffPosted 7/12/2011 1:10:48 PM(edited)
I'm just playing the GTA series for the first time as of about a month and half ago (not counting when I played GTA3 for about three hours back in 2001 and said "Nope, this game is definitely not for me.") and IMO GTA3 definitely had some missions that seemed harder than anything in Vice City or San Andreas (so far anyway; I'm right at the end of SA). I'm talking about playing the games "properly", no cheat codes, no FAQs, no guides, just playing it cold using your own wits. One example that jumps out is... I forget the mission title, but the Yakuza dude tells you to steal a "Yardie car" and use it to frame the Yardies. But you have no way of knowing what a Yardie car is or what it looks like, and unlike every single mission up to this point there is no GPS dot telling you where to go. They only say to go north to a certain section of the city, which covers a large area. The Yardie cars don't look particularly unusual, at a glance they're easily mistaken as red convertible Stallions. So, that was one particular mission where I was really frustrated and wanted to punch the @#$% out of whoever designed that mission and whoever approved it to be in the game. Once you know what a Yardie car is, of course there's nothing really difficult about the mission at all, but that's beside the point. Anyway it's just one example. I'm sure GTA3 seems harder to me and to a lot of other people because it was the first GTA game we played. If I had played VC first or SA first, I would probably think those were the hardest. The first game you play in a franchise is the one that teaches you the "grammar" of the series, so it's only natural that the games you play after that don't seem as hard.

That said, yes, Supply Lines also made me want to beat the living s*** out of Rockstar. (I'm playing an original version of SA, pre-nerfed)
#7Kami_Kaze_HiPosted 7/12/2011 8:33:24 PM
JizD's mission were you chase the priest in the limo... I only complete it because the driver keeps flipping the limo.
#8elconoMPosted 7/12/2011 11:27:47 PM
Recall this one mission from GTA 3 where these smack crazed pedestrians are running at you and they have bombs on their chest. That was a frustrating mission.

Finding an actual Bus in GTA 3 also sucks. Maybe GTA 3 is the hardest GTA, i dunno.
---
Owner of two DS Lite. Pokemon player. Adventurer of the Kingdom of Loathing. Series fan of Grand Theft Auto & Animal Crossing. DS friend codes in quote.
#9thegrambauerPosted 7/13/2011 12:15:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10DruffPosted 7/13/2011 9:48:12 AM
And here's my post again in its original form, as one continuous coherent thought with no need for artificial "breaks" just because kids today can't deal with a paragraph that's more than three sentences long.

I'm just playing the GTA series for the first time as of about a month and half ago (not counting when I played GTA3 for about three hours back in 2001 and said "Nope, this game is definitely not for me.") and IMO GTA3 definitely had some missions that seemed harder than anything in Vice City or San Andreas (so far anyway; I'm right at the end of SA). I'm talking about playing the games "properly", no cheat codes, no FAQs, no guides, just playing it cold using your own wits. One example that jumps out is... I forget the mission title, but the Yakuza dude tells you to steal a "Yardie car" and use it to frame the Yardies. But you have no way of knowing what a Yardie car is or what it looks like, and unlike every single mission up to this point there is no GPS dot telling you where to go. They only say to go north to a certain section of the city, which covers a large area. The Yardie cars don't look particularly unusual, at a glance they're easily mistaken as red convertible Stallions. So, that was one particular mission where I was really frustrated and wanted to punch the @#$% out of whoever designed that mission and whoever approved it to be in the game. Once you know what a Yardie car is, of course there's nothing really difficult about the mission at all, but that's beside the point. Anyway it's just one example. I'm sure GTA3 seems harder to me and to a lot of other people because it was the first GTA game we played. If I had played VC first or SA first, I would probably think those were the hardest. The first game you play in a franchise is the one that teaches you the "grammar" of the series, so it's only natural that the games you play after that don't seem as hard.

That said, yes, Supply Lines also made me want to beat the living s*** out of Rockstar. (I'm playing an original version of SA, pre-nerfed)

---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four