This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Do You Become a Telvanni and a Hlaalu???

#1rankDANK4420Posted 2/2/2008 7:35:50 PM
I've read bits of a couple of faqs saying that it is possible to become a member of both Great Houses. However, I find the faqs confusing and dont know how to do it.

**Possible Spoilers***

(from what I gather, I need to rise in the ranks of the Telvanni. Then they will have me assassinate a Hlaalu bigshot in a stronghold outside Balmora. After this, I can supposedly join the Hlaalu....but how???)

Any help/clarification would be immensely appreciated.
---
"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"-Thoreau
#2whatmustidoPosted 2/2/2008 8:41:47 PM
It is rather pointless to do, but before you go to get your stronghold contract, kill Orvas Dren. Talk to Duke Dren about the Camonna Tong when you go to get the contract.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#3rankDANK4420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2008 1:42:30 PM
why is it "rather pointless to do"?
---
"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"-Thoreau
#4whatmustidoPosted 2/3/2008 1:57:46 PM
Because you can't do any quests when you are in Hlaalu, or so I've heard. You just have it acknowledged in your faction page.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#5The RobPosted 2/4/2008 6:34:11 PM
I was reading up on this shortly after I started playing, but I think you can do the quests for Hlaalu. Something about, if you ask him about it once, he says "Oh, I guess you're the new Grandmaster of Hlaalu" but your rank is the lowest in the house, then if you speak to him about it again you'll get the Grandmaster title, and it never said anything about not being able to do the quests at either point. Please note that I haven't test this.
---
"Where's a gamecube when you need one?" ~ Bob (ReBoot)
#6Unholy_KingPosted 2/4/2008 6:39:24 PM
It is pointless. I believe you can still do quests, but the Hlaalu quests are all rather bland and the total combined rewards of Hlaalu is less than the loot you get from Looting Drens house.

Plus, before it's asked, no Second Stronghold can be made for you.
---
"Reality has exiled me. I am no longer bound by its laws."
#7The RobPosted 2/4/2008 7:01:50 PM
I like Hlaalu because they are diplomats.
---
"Where's a gamecube when you need one?" ~ Bob (ReBoot)
#8jessica73Posted 2/7/2008 12:00:38 PM
Hlaalu is the best because Crassius Curio is in it. Best strong hold too, imo. Not next door to the volcano, and not suffering from ash storms all the time. And it's close to town.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/1201792002465.gif
NP: Orange Box?