This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where can I level lock picking?

#1Insane_OverloadPosted 10/12/2008 3:48:41 PM
My lock picking is only a puny level 5. Where can I practice this to level it up?
---
It's true.
#2Rogue267Posted 10/12/2008 3:56:15 PM
Taken from the Thief help topic, here is the list of security trainers.

* Hecerinde is the master trainer in Security; he will train you if you're a member of the Thieves Guild with a ranking of Blackcap or above.

Security Trainers

To Level - Trainer Name - Trainer Location

100 Hecerinde, Balmora, Hecerinde's House
67 Sugar-Lips Habasi, Balmora, South Wall Cornerclub
64 Nileno Dorvayn, Balmora, Hlaalu Council Manor
59 Big Helende, Sadrith Mora, Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub
58 Serjo Avon Oran, Suran, Oran Manor
53 Lliryn Fendyn, Rethan Manor
52 Sovali Uvayn, Vivec, Elven Nations Cornerclub
47 Anas Ulven, Gnaar Mok, Nadene Rotheran's Shack
47 Belos Falos, Vivec, No Name Club
47 Llemisa Marys, Hla Oad, Fatleg's Drop Off
47 Madrale Thirith, Balmora, Council Club
47 Minasi Bavani, Sadrith Mora, Nevrila Areloth's House
47 Muriel Sette , Sadrith Mora, Dirty Muriel's Cornerclub
46 Chirranirr, Balmora, South Wall Cornerclub
45 Nels Llendo, Ascadian Isles Region (0,-9)
44 Hreirek the Lean, Dagon Fel, End of the World Renter Rooms
39 Lirielle Stoine, Ald-ruhn, The Rat In The Pot

---
Death is the greatest fate, for you know that every page was read.
~So live, live on through me. It's time to forgive, the Creeper Kamikaze~
#3black spiderPosted 10/12/2008 4:34:21 PM
Find a chest that nobody will mind you practicing on, then pull down the console, click on the chest and type "lock 1" without the quotation marks. Hit enter. Practice. When you crack it, repeat. Eventually you should be able to do this fairly easily. Of course, while your skill is below 20 or so, it's really not expensive to train it up at any thieves guild. You can probably do it at House Hlaalu as well, and there might even be a blades trainer for all I know.

You can find a list of trainers at UESP.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Trainers
---
You are as full of it as you are hollow! - Entropy
#4Insane_Overload(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2008 8:18:39 PM
Thanks for the help. Though I am playing on the Xbox version.
---
It's true.
#5black spiderPosted 10/12/2008 9:15:41 PM
^^ Then you can piss right back off to the 'box Morrowind board, you silly n00b. It's right over... there... I think. Oh, wait...
*looks stupid*

Yeah, of course you're playing the box version. You can still practice the way I suggested, however. You just need to go to one of these NPCs and buy this spell:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Alteration_Spells#Lock

And as I said, make sure you're at a chest or door that nobody will mind you picking. I'm not sure how it actually works, but I do have a feeling NPCs are overly nosy, so the best bet would probably be somewhere entirely deserted. That manor with the dead Hlaalu-fellow in upper town Balmora would probably be an okay place.
---
#6tyler1o1oPosted 10/13/2008 8:06:18 PM
Find a chest that nobody will mind you practicing on, then pull down the console, click on the chest and type "lock 1" without the quotation marks. Hit enter. Practice.

A bit of a waste. If you're going to use the console, then USE it.
---
The following post might contain spoilers. This makes the topic less aerodynamic, and thus more maneuverable at high speeds.
#7black spiderPosted 10/14/2008 4:13:32 AM
^^ One, he can't use the console and two, some people prefer manual grinding to using console shortcuts.
---
#85fantasyPosted 10/15/2008 12:34:01 PM
Go to Foryn Gilneths house. use Fenricks Doorjam on every container in the house. use your lockpick to unlock the locked containers.
#95fantasyPosted 10/15/2008 12:36:33 PM
oh yeah, make sure you talk to that guy about the dead tax collector and choose to turn him in. he will attack you and then you can kill him.
#10Southe05Posted 10/16/2008 6:02:00 AM
i wouldn't even start to train via practice until your into the twenties
you'll fail a lot and you'll waste your gear (not to mention the precious moments of your life)

go to the balmora thieves guild and pay a trainerg for 15 or 20 levels of basics.
---
Saruman: You did not seriously think that a hobbit could contend with the will of Southie, there are none that can.