This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Death Warrant

#11MynameisDirtDogPosted 11/8/2012 5:25:28 PM
I'm surprised even that thread was kicking around.

What I should have done was make a copy of that original topic, since as I mentioned, that second one was from memory. I should have tinkered around and tested it again before I posted it.

Odd that being on either a pc or xbox would make a huge difference though, because whatever I was doing worked every single time. One of these days I'll phone up my brother and see if I can borrow his xbox and I'll test it out again.
---
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/doktorfaustus/1341820395304.gif
John Farrell correct bullpen management counter: 0 Game(s)
#12SunshineDrip(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:46:00 PM
Yes, MynameisDirtDog, your technique was one of the last things I tried.

I got another 5000 bounty by killing 5 Imperial guards unlawfully in Caldera, ran into a Hlaalu guard in Balmora, he gave me the death warrant, and then I tried your technique.

I joined the Thieves Guild, put a mark down in the South Wall Cornerclub, went to the Wolverine Hall and proceeded to try your technique the way you did. All Hlaalu guards stopped chasing me except for the one Hlaalu guard who gave me the death warrant. Imperial guards in Ebonheart stopped chasing me(I hadn't encountered them before this point). Imperial guards at the Moonmoth Legion Fort and in Pelagiad kept chasing me. I proceeded to kill the MLF guards lawfully, but it was still taken as assault on my part(I let them attack me first), and I accrued a 1040 bounty(I killed two of them, so I'm guessing one, in fact, didn't hit me). Anyways, by the time the two MLF guards were dead, the MLF guard captain had come out. He attacked me, I calmed him, and then I talked to him to get rid of my bounty. I paid the bounty, the calm spell had wore off, and he attacked me again.

Thoughts?
#13SunshineDrip(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 12:48:11 PM
Yes, MynameisDirtDog, your technique was one of the last things I tried.

I got another 5000 bounty by killing 5 Imperial guards unlawfully in Caldera, ran into a Hlaalu guard in Balmora, he gave me the death warrant, and then I tried your technique.

I joined the Thieves Guild, put a mark down in the South Wall Cornerclub, went to the Wolverine Hall and proceeded to try your technique the way you did. All Hlaalu guards stopped chasing me except for the one Hlaalu guard who gave me the death warrant. Imperial guards in Ebonheart stopped chasing me(I hadn't encountered them before this point). Imperial guards at the Moonmoth Legion Fort and in Pelagiad kept chasing me. I proceeded to kill the MLF guards lawfully, but it was still taken as assault on my part(I let them attack me first), and I accrued a 1040 bounty(I killed two of them, so I'm guessing one, in fact, didn't hit me). Anyways, by the time the two MLF guards were dead, the MLF guard captain had come out. He attacked me, I calmed him, and then I talked to him to get rid of my bounty. I paid the bounty, the calm spell had wore off, and he attacked me again.

Thoughts?
#14MynameisDirtDogPosted 11/9/2012 6:49:29 PM
Okay.

The first part of what you said,

I joined the Thieves Guild, put a mark down in the South Wall Cornerclub, went to the Wolverine Hall and proceeded to try your technique the way you did. All Hlaalu guards stopped chasing me except for the one Hlaalu guard who gave me the death warrant. Imperial guards in Ebonheart stopped chasing me(I hadn't encountered them before this point).

Sounds right. I never went out of my way to run into any guards outside of the one or two directly outside wolverine hall, but it doesn't seem to make a difference if the Hlaalu guards stopped chasing you. I don't remember if it was clear in the post, but you will have to kill the guards that informed you of your death warrant, as they will never stop attacking you.

Imperial guards at the Moonmoth Legion Fort and in Pelagiad kept chasing me. I proceeded to kill the MLF guards lawfully, but it was still taken as assault on my part(I let them attack me first), and I accrued a 1040 bounty(I killed two of them, so I'm guessing one, in fact, didn't hit me).

This sounds odd. It's been a long time since I played the game though, so you'll have to remind me, does the game keep tracking your bounty infractions after receiving a death warrant?

by the time the two MLF guards were dead, the MLF guard captain had come out. He attacked me, I calmed him, and then I talked to him to get rid of my bounty. I paid the bounty, the calm spell had wore off, and he attacked me again.

It seems to me that in that scenario, the only way to make him not hostile would be a permanent calm spell, since he isn't supposed to be hostile towards you.

Okay. Going back to my method, after getting the confirmation of death from the legionnaire outside WH, calm him then walk into the door while the mist is as full on the screen as you can get it. Walk upstairs and take the guild transported to Balmora. Run across to the corner club and pay your bounty. Then, try resting/sleeping for 3 days. Now that I think about it a little deeper, I have the sense that resting might have been a part of it (which I think I left out of that second topic. My apologies).

Try that and let me know.
---
#15SunshineDrip(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:37:28 AM
Okay, I tried it again. Rested for five days just to be sure. All the guards are still coming after me. Oh, and the Ebonheart guards seem to be a different guard set. I tested to see whether they came after me before I tried your technique, and they don't.

I calmed the guard right outside the Imperial chapel in WH, and went back into the fort before the mist disappeared. I recalled to the South Wall Cornerclub, paid off my bounty, and then headed to Seyda Neen to see if the guards there would come after me. They did.
#16MynameisDirtDogPosted 11/12/2012 6:28:23 PM
I'll have to fiddle around with it.
---
#17SunshineDrip(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 2:33:14 AM
Okay, don't feel obligated on my account though. If you're doing it for the good of the original Xbox Morrowind GotY player community, then by all means.