This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silt Strider Rider/Caravaner Re-Discovered!

#1greybeardPosted 1/13/2013 6:53:01 AM(edited)
From over 3 years ago I open a thread on how my Balmora Silt Strider rider, probably better called a caravaner or ticket office collector had gone missing. Theory was that he had fallen off the steps or through the flat roof and had died. He certainly wasn't detectable or recoverable.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/915084-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-game-of-the-year/48250731

So 3 years on I'm now doing Mournhold and need some Dwemer scrap metal for one of the missions and I remembered I sold a load to the pawnbroker in Balmora. I'd left the Mark at my base in Balmora for just this sort of thing so it was easy going back there to get it.

I realised that without the Balmora Silt Strider working it would be a pain to return to Mournhold so I thought whilst back on the mainland I'd see if there was anything I'd missed in the Balmora area. I travelled to nearby Fort Moonmoth and noticed on the local map an area to the north of the bridge to the Dwemer mine still blacked out so I followed the valley path under the bridge and eventually found a guy standing alone.

I thought he was a Dreamer but when I questioned him I saw he had a name and offered travel services, exactly the same destinations as the Balmora Silt Strider. It occurred to me that if I got him back to Balmora I'd found a great fix for that missing rider problem. It took some time but that's what I did and so far he has stayed where I put him.

The thing is his name seemed familiar so I checked the Morrowind Travel wiki for Silt Striders and blow me down he is the original Silt Strider rider: Selvil Sareloth!

How on Varndenfell did he get to north of the fort? A very weird bug I'd guess but after 3 years missing I'm pleased to get him back.

Perhaps he'd taken a package tour to Skyrim and got lost on the way back. :-)
#2MynameisDirtDogPosted 1/13/2013 12:12:17 PM
Ha!

That reminds me of the time I tried to relocate the Ald Ruhn strider guy to my stronghold. I did the overburden thing wrong, and he just started to walk away when I left, ,and I never found him again.

I think everyone kinda shifts to the right gradually over time, that's probably what happened.
---
Josh Johnson Health Tracker: Josh Johnson is Currently HEALTHY
You can't think when you're ****ing high.
#3greybeard(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 4:34:21 AM
That's some right shift getting from Balmora to north of Fort Moonmoth.

Because of the Silt Strider problem I'd been a bit paranoid about losing other travel providers, particularly the one in the Balmora Guild of Mages. She is know to move and get lost in the walls.

I coaxed her with a Command spell off the raised floor area and more into the centre of the room last time I was there. This time when I checked she was back on the raised area even though she's not a NPC who moves on her own accord.

What you've said about the Ald Ruhn Silt Strider guy reminded me he had moved so he was teetering on the edge of the steps several times whilst I was playing the main storyline. I gently coaxed him back into place when that happened but I dread to go back there now after all this time in case he's finally fallen off.

Never liked that part of the island anyway - the dust storms ended up annoying me.
#4SuibomPosted 1/18/2013 1:38:56 PM
I think I remember that topic

Congrats
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14