This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What inspired you to come back and play this?

#1Blue_Dragoon77Posted 3/6/2013 11:33:53 AM
For me, it was while playing Dragonborn in Skyrim. When I went to the fort and remembered all the times I ran up and down the docks. Finding the wrecked airship again. (I even went looking for the argonian they threw overboard, but of course he wasn't there.)
Seeing Solstiem again was too nostalgic NOT to reminisce. I'd love to see a remake of Morrowind with updated graphics and such, but then again I don't because Bethesda would probably change too much of the gameplay. Anyone else feel this way?
---
Be Careful:Sometimes the DRAGON Wins! >:D or better yet...
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
#2xoxoJoshyPosted 3/6/2013 3:17:39 PM
Play on PC
get mods
---
Want to see how to get a bunch of people to talk to you?
I'll tell you when 50 people ask me to. Current count : 43 (g',')g
#3MetaRidley001Posted 3/6/2013 5:10:33 PM
I'd rather just see a new game set in Morrowind rather than an actual remake of this one.
Also, I'll say that the one thing they changed in Oblivion and Skyrim that drove me nuts is the immortal important characters. I'll off whoever I want, thread of the prophecy be dammed!
#4AtomZ_Fender77Posted 3/7/2013 4:36:54 PM
Google Skywind. It's sort of what you're ure looking for if you're into modding.
#5STomlogPosted 3/7/2013 5:19:32 PM
For me, there's no coming back and playing it; I never go particularly long without playing Morrowind. Of course, Dragonborn gave me a good reason to play it a little more than usual.
---
Xbox (not 360).
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great game. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a greater game.
#6Blue_Dragoon77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 5:23:14 PM
I play on the console, so I really can't do any mods.
As much as I would LOVE to revisit Morrowind in an all new game, that's just not possible in the foreseeable future since Red Mountain erupted and made the entire island uninhabitable. The mainland might be possible, but except for Mournhold it wasn't covered in ES III.
I guess our only hope at the moment would be for a sequel set several hundred years in the future.
But none of that would ever catch the feeling of playing Morrowind. It wasn't just the exploration, it was also all the little things like being able to find unique ways to exploit the game. Whether or not you did it to become "God-Like", have fun, or just get past a tight spot was up to you.
The Xbox 360 versions have had all of this "ironed out for smoother gameplay".
---
Be Careful:Sometimes the DRAGON Wins! >:D or better yet...
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
#7Mayhem KingPosted 3/12/2013 6:47:47 AM
The strongest component to Morrowind, other than being a more traditional RPG, was the story telling...

Playing Morrowind in the Oblivion engine makes for some compelling re-adventuring.