This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mercantile glitch?

#1vigoroiscool123Posted 4/6/2013 6:34:58 PM
I recently got morrowind for Xbox and have been playing it non-stop when I noticed my mercantile skill isn't going up at all! I read the wiki to try and find why this is happening but I can't find anything. I know I'm doing what needs to be done to raise the skill, but when I check on it the progress bar is always at 0/100 and its level 15. Please help!
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#2Icyblaze13Posted 4/7/2013 7:32:06 AM
I think to gain experience in mercantile you have to sell items for higher than the initial offer and buy for less than the initial offer. It's been a while but I think that is how it works.
---
XBL Gamertag: Icyblaze13
#3lazysloth(Moderator)Posted 4/7/2013 8:05:11 AM
Yeah, you need to start trying to squeeze a septim or two more out of merchants when you're selling stuff and try to shave a few off when you're buying.
---
>_>
#4docholliday504Posted 4/9/2013 8:40:40 AM
It levels pretty quickly but to add to what the posters said above, it can be a bit of a pain early at low levels. Just keep dropping buys by a couple gold and raising Sells by a couple. Experiment with what you can get away with. You might get rejects, which will temporarily lower your disposition, but disposition will reset as soon as you exit the barter screen.

At really early levels I was going for a roughly 1-2% increase. Later much more. If you aren't bartering them up or down, the skill won't do anything.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing Morrowind.