This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm afraid to touch anything!!! (Spoilers I Guess)

#11whatmustidoPosted 2/27/2014 8:23:02 PM
Morrowind has a lot of bugs, bugs that are even still present in the GOTY edition. There are several mods designed to fix this and remove the bugs. There are also mods designed to increase the graphics. Think about how Morrowind normally looks and then watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69wYi3_LWo
The graphics in that are considerably better, made that way by mods.

Then there's new content the mods can add. Instead of changing the existing game, the mod can add new stuff. Extra monsters, new shops, new armor, new quests, entirely new guilds, all kinds of stuff: http://www.gamefront.com/top-10-best-morrowind-mods/
#12radial200(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 8:48:25 PM
Awesome!! Thank you!!
#13corex3dPosted 3/9/2014 7:15:15 AM
I never really had any of these problems other than the occasional freeze up but my disc is somewhat scratched up I even imported my save from the original to goty on xbox never really cleared bodies left weapons everywhere loaded a house with all my loot and many other things and I just don't care to play games on pc can never can get into them like I can on console
#14MustavusPosted 3/9/2014 10:52:35 PM
Modding is basically just adding or changing content in your game. In the case of Morrowind, there are several large mod repositories full of player-made quests, companions, landmasses, etc. that do things ranging from giving your character realistic needs to eat and drink, to removing cliff racers (because everyone hates them), to making Unarmed worthwhile at all, to putting no end of objects from Lord of the Rings/Star Wars/Warcraft in the game.

I haven't tried Morrowind on the 360, but I remember it being hell on the original Xbox, just because of the load times. PC version has the unoffiicial patch which will make the game crash less, quests break less, make life less miserable, etc.

It's $20 on Steam. Probably worth keeping an eye on whenever the next sale is.
---
The forkies have come to their senses!
#15MynameisDirtDogPosted 3/10/2014 7:57:32 AM
Mustavus posted...
but I remember it being hell on the original Xbox, just because of the load times.

the load times were fine, mostly, past the initial load screen. Individual cells just took a few seconds as i recall
---
Consecutive Janssus Saves: 10 and counting
You can't think when you're ****ing high.
#16corex3dPosted 3/10/2014 8:05:21 AM
yeah I only remember the first loading screen taking forever the rest weren't that bad
#17radial200(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 12:32:21 PM
Well, I've been looking up modding & some of that stuff looks really great. Skywind in particular is impressive. All of those fans working together to create something that extensive & doing it for free is inspiring. I have to wonder if modding is fun, tedious or both. Either way it's impressive that some of these individuals & groups have such grand visions.

As for me, like I said, I can't make the switch to pc anytime soon. I will eventually, but for now I'm stuck. So, I think with the research I've done & some in-game testing, I'm going to see what I can do on the OG xbox. It may be an exercise in futility, but I've got the itch to play & I just have to scratch that itch.

The loading screens don't bother me. In fact the only problem that does is the DDE, corrupted save files & freezing. Other then that, I can deal with the rest of the problems. Don't get me wrong. I don't like the rest of the problems, but I can deal with them.

As for Steam, do they mail you a game disk or is it a digital download? Also, from the modding perspective, does it matter what you have? By that I mean is it better to have a physical game disk or a digital download? Not that I personally plan to do any modding (for the time being), because I've never even played a game on a pc. I just mean that of the mods that already exist, are there compatibility issues that I should know about?
#18MynameisDirtDogPosted 3/10/2014 2:17:53 PM
radial200 posted...
As for Steam, do they mail you a game disk or is it a digital download?

digital
---
Consecutive Janssus Saves: 10 and counting
You can't think when you're ****ing high.
#19whatmustidoPosted 3/11/2014 2:21:49 PM
It doesn't matter if you have a digital copy or a physical copy when it comes to modding. Digital is just easier because you don't have to worry about having a CD. If you lose the CD or it gets damaged, you can't install the game again. But on digital, as long as steam exists, you can download and play it on any computer.