Warning! Minimum system requirements not met

#1rogueinspacePosted 8/1/2010 10:11:15 AM
Is there a workaround this? Windows 7 isn't letting me boot the game, despite me having a brand new Alienware computer that ran this on max settings when I didn't have that computer rating score.

It's being pulled down by the Intel graphics card, but that doesn't even run when video games are going (It has another high-performance card for gaming)... So my system is well above recommended requirements, except for the Intel card. Is there a way to circumvent this?
---
Vidi, Vici, Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came
#2_ArgosyPosted 8/3/2010 1:05:52 PM
Only suggestion I can think of is running it in compatibility mode for windows XP. Oh, and if the alienware isn't a laptop then xD.
---
i am a bad poster please laugh at me
rape is never okay
#3rogueinspace(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2010 4:48:17 PM
No dice =/ And it's an M11X laptop. The small size had me sold.
---
Vidi, Vici, Veni
#4starkiller212Posted 8/11/2010 5:31:27 AM
I'm having the same exact problem. It SHOULD meet the requirements with the GPU, but the game doesn't recognize it and refuses to launch. I've also had this problem with the Company of Heroes demo on Steam. Is there any way to force it to run? I would really appreciate some help with this =/
#5starkiller212Posted 8/11/2010 5:17:09 PM
Okay, I found the answer on the game's forum @ http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 . Here is the applicable section:
"Q: I get "Warning Minimum system requirement not met." even if my system hardware is better than the minimum

A: To get it to work, you will need to have at least patch 1.2 and create a shortcut to the file C:\Program Files\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe ( if you used the Default installation folder )
Right click on that shortcut and go in properties, in the target box, add –dontForceMinReqs
After the changes it should look this way: “C:\Program Files\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe” –dontForceMinReqs
"
One last thing, make sure you edit and run the actual "witcher.exe" (I think) in one of the subfolders and NOT simply the "launcher.exe". I screwed that up for a few hours, lol.
Hope this helps some others
#6rogueinspace(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2010 10:49:38 PM
Hm, thanks a lot for your help, but I've hit another problem. I get a blank dialog box that just has an "Ok" button when starting the game like that. After pressing Ok it crashes... I'll check the forum you posted on, but I appreciate your help a lot!
---
Vidi, Vici, Veni