Whodunnit? Chapter II (spoilers)

#1ShivaLynnPosted 1/24/2008 12:10:42 AM
Ok I'm doing the whole "who dunnit" thing right now and I've accused Kalkstein and now he won't talk to me (which is apparently fixable through getting more sephroths, so not concerned about that part). Did the autopsy and talked to the detective. He now wants me to kill Ramshead (or whatever his name is) but I know he's innocent, already proved that.

But it doesn't seem like I can do much more. I want to bring down the detective but can I? This game has a bad habit of leaving loose ends without explanations (like the witch vs the villagers) and I don't know if I'm forced to kill Ramshead or if there's an alternate way to do it.

I've thought of a couple but the long loading screens (and late hour) keep me from trying them:

Talk to the merchant who's in the special order hunting Salamandra.
Attune my medallion to detect circles of power instead of monsters and maybe that'll open a new dialogue.
Go through with the tower thing without killing Ramshead and maybe it'll open something that way, though I still think Kalkstein is involved some how, may not have a choice but to deliver the book into his hands.

Are any of these going to work? Is there an alternate option that I haven't found yet? Or must I kill Ramshead for the detective (and storyline) to progress?
#2M DubPosted 1/24/2008 12:14:15 AM
You botched the autopsy. You can kill Ramshead or reload from before the autopsy and take a closer look...
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves.
#3ShivaLynn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 12:17:19 AM
Ok that's what I figured. I think I still have a save from there, the game is pretty good about saving.

Does the autopsy prove Vincent innocent? Cause that's something else I still haven't manged to do.
#4y3kmanPosted 1/24/2008 12:30:48 AM
You can prove Vincent's innocence by going to the warehouse at midnight. Coleman should also give you some info.

---
This is one of the Four Treasures, indeed.
#5Skel1Posted 1/24/2008 5:22:41 AM
you need to quest around in the cemetary ;) spoilers: Look at your medallion when talking to certain people.
#6ShivaLynn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 7:39:50 AM
[quote]You can prove Vincent's innocence by going to the warehouse at midnight. Coleman should also give you some info.[/quote]

I've already been in the warehouse but it never triggered a way to prove he is innocent.

Coleman is dead from the Squirrels.

Also I can't get into the cemetary because I can't prove that Thalen is innocent and Vincent isn't happy that I've accused him.
#7jivebeaverPosted 1/24/2008 6:50:45 PM
If you still care, you may be able to get to the cemetery by proving Thaler innocent if you complete the Old Friend of Mine quest and get info from Shani.