I don't get this "whodunnit" business. *spoilers*

#1Ocelot RisingPosted 1/27/2008 7:46:25 PM
I can't get into the cemetary, as I can't find a way to prove Thaler or Vincent innocent, not that that seems to matter anymore.

Geralt seems to have decided that Thaler is guilty, but I can't do anything about it.

Instead I've been forced to murder Ramsmeat after earlier proving him innocent. My next instruction is to lure Kalkstein somewhere, but since the autopsy implied that Kalkstein had a part in the murder and I confronted him about it, he won't talk to me anymore so I can't lure him!

What can I do? I'm so confused!

---
kozublue
#2russinatorPosted 1/27/2008 8:34:22 PM
***Major Chapter 1 Spoilers***

Actually if you played the story right, you will find that Ramsmeat, Thaler, Kalkastien and Vincent are all innocent... Meaning you didnt have to kill poor Ramsmeat afterall.

Once you have the party at Shani's house and do the nasty with her, she tells you about Thaler and who he really is and clears his name... thus letting you prove his innocence and giving you the option to clear the gravediggers debt allowing you entrance to the cemetery where you find your next clue in the Crypt.

hope that helps...

----
Video games keep me sane.
#3MrPaladinPosted 1/27/2008 8:44:28 PM
Another way to prove Vincent Innocent is:

*spoilers*
During Chapter 1 while doing the quest "strangers in the night" for Haren and the elves come to get their Hawker stuff if you wont let em take em you will be forced to kill them and in chapter 2 Coleman wont get killed. Coleman will give you a quest "The Rat" and after completing it you'll prove Vincent innocent.
#4Ocelot Rising(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2008 6:25:14 AM
Ah well, for me, Coleman is dead.

But when I did the autopsy, I discovered that the man was poisoned, and once dead he was stabbed. Geralt decided that meant an alchemist, Kalkstein did it?

Is there another way to do the autopsy or something?

Also, I haven't been able to activate this "party". How do I do that?

Thanks again!

---
kozublue
#5isahuntPosted 1/28/2008 8:00:24 AM

During Chapter 1 while doing the quest "strangers in the night" for Haren and the elves come to get their Hawker stuff if you wont let em take em you will be forced to kill them and in chapter 2 Coleman wont get killed. Coleman will give you a quest "The Rat" and after completing it you'll prove Vincent innocent.

Even if you DID give weapons to Scoia'tael - don't talk with Raymond P.I. at the beginning of CH2. Go to Coleman and do The Rat quest (that will prove Vincent innocent), and then go talk with Raymond. Colman will die, and you can still prove Vincent innocent later. Talking with Raymond will trigger Coleman's death.

If you have troble with Thaler, talk to a man outside his house at midnight, and you can also do the Old Friends quest for Shani - she will tell you that Thaler is part of Temerian intelligence.