I have to ask, sorry, but will my PC run it?

#1residentevlPosted 1/28/2008 1:58:05 PM
I know you guys must be sick of this question, but I really want this game.

Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800MHz
ATI RADEON 9800 XT 256MB
1GB RAM

I know it won't run great, but will I at least be able to enjoy it without a lot of slowdown?
---
http://media.putfile.com/Jack-Thompson-Message
My Personal Message from Jack Thompson left on my Cell. -
#2KuristPosted 1/28/2008 3:13:09 PM
No, your computer will not be able to handle the game well at all. You know, they post the requirements on the box. You could just compare what the box says to what your specs are. Then you wouldn't have had to wait for bad news.
#3KuristPosted 1/28/2008 3:20:00 PM
Just because I am nice:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800

1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista

128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)

8.5 GB available hard drive space

DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

DVD-Rom

--this game will run SLOW with the minimum. You need at least 2 gb ram. Also a dual core would help a LOT.

Recommended requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO

8.5 GB available hard drive space

DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones

DVD-Rom
#4Kiwi_1Posted 1/28/2008 3:43:11 PM
Actually, we haven't heard much from the minimums in the Radeon camp, so it's hard to be sure whether that 9800 XT can keep up or not. I tested NWN2 using that very video card, and it wasn't that bad at all. It certainly made the performance of a year-newer 6600 GT look bad by comparison. I also had used that 9800 XT for Oblivion, but in that case, there is a major BIAS built in by the developers that favors the Radeons.

Both NWN2 and The Witcher have modified Aurora game engine underpinnings, so in some ways, there will be some similarities. But the single core Pentium P4s had gotten so very obsolete it just wasn't at all funny any more before the C2Ds finally came out. It will be the CPU load that will be the big problem for your system, I'd think.

---
Kiwi
#5bjkelleyPosted 1/29/2008 5:38:50 PM
I'd make a topic about this but I got warned while posting on CE so I can't make any topics.. :-/

Anyway I was wondering how can I check my pc's specs like that I have no idea what I'm running because I just got rid of my old gaming pc which was sick because it got a ****nasty virus that nobody could figure out how to fix the computer would do an auto shut off like 2 secs. after you turn it on... whatever. lol

Thanks for any help.

I'll be back to ask if I can run this after I find out what my specs are.
---
I'm a 1337 archzor who pwns n00bs like lego ass!/ April, 29... The Streets of Liberty City will run red / I witnessed the chaos of the Halo 3 board 5/16/2007
#6in_flames27Posted 1/29/2008 5:40:59 PM
Here man, I always use this website. It lays out everything pretty nicely.

http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp
---
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-Einstein
#7halwendePosted 1/29/2008 6:24:51 PM
If it's any help to you or anyone I found my PC (at below recommended specs) runs it fine on the highest settings...

Athlon XP 3500+ @2.2Ghz (not even dual-core!)
GeForce 7800GTX 256Mb
4Gb RAM (well, 3.5Gb... 32bit OS)
Windows XP

Also running the 169.21 drivers. The game auto-set everything to high, even 2x AA and x16 AF (which I turned down to x4), it stutters a little in the cut scenes, especially if it's raining, but normal gameplay is fine at around the 30fps mark
#8Kiwi_1Posted 1/29/2008 9:16:53 PM
You can save and print out the results of the SR Test at System Requirements Lab, and that list of components will be useful, but the tests themselves are less than recommendable, with roughly 20 % error levels.

---
Kiwi
#9achnodPosted 1/30/2008 7:07:45 AM
You know, you could also check this website, it will tell you if your pc can run most of the recent games.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest