Can I return to the outskirts after chapter 1?

#1OzzBrownPosted 2/28/2008 6:03:43 PM
Can I return to the outskirts after chapter 1?
---
No Autopsy, no foul
#2codyw32Posted 2/28/2008 6:53:01 PM
Nope, thats what sucks, once you complete a chapter you cant go back to that area, so finish the side quests while you can
#3craziii3Posted 2/28/2008 10:27:11 PM
um I made it out there again but it is all burned down, you will have access when you are in chapter 3. that was what happened when you fight the chapter 1 boss.
---
insert: something clever!!!
#4TrughbullPosted 2/29/2008 2:49:18 AM
How did you get out there? I tried all the gates and they were locked in my game. I want some more balisse fruit and the outskirts would be the easiest place to get it.
---
From Me and Mine to You And Yours - Trughbull
#5futs22Posted 2/29/2008 10:56:58 PM
The chapter 1 boss meaning The Beast; the big bad dog on fire right? Everyone fights that so that should mean everyone should be able to get out back into the outskirts. And chapter 3 is involves the Temple quarter, Trade quarter the swamp and cemetary too. How the hell do you get back to the outskirts? Not that you need to anyway.
#6Rob01mPosted 2/29/2008 11:09:54 PM
How did you get out there? I tried all the gates and they were locked in my game. I want some more balisse fruit and the outskirts would be the easiest place to get it.

Instead of Balisse fruit, you could use either:

Graveir bones, Fool's Parsley leaves, or Kikimore Claws... any chapters after the first in which one of these are not available?
#7TrughbullPosted 3/1/2008 7:35:18 AM
Absolutely right, Rob. And of course I am doing just that. The problem is quantity and "over-leveling". If somebody found a way to get back to the outskirts for herbs I would use it.

Creature farming does not work in this game as well as others (unless you want Drowner or Blodzueiger parts) because the re-spawn formulae are so stingy, and in some cases, they can be inadvertantly turned off. I have not found a "honey-hole" of Fool's Parsley, it appears to be scattered all over the Swamp. I can get 10-15 pieces of it, but I have to kill a gazillion drowners to get it. There is no place to get 25-50 of these other ingredients without artificially bumping your character's level with unwanted combat.

I'm making a LOT of bombs and a LOT of oils and experimenting with some of the more "obscure" potions just to see how they work and what they REALLY bring to the table.
I carried 150 of EVERYTHING (herbal) from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2. I also had 50 White Gulls that I had made during Chapter 1. Still have gobs of Myrtle, tons of Berbercane, boatloads of celandine, but nada Balisse. Now, after the kikamore cave, the problem is going to be moot ... LOL. The last time I left there I was carrying 100+ kikimore claws:D)

You have already given me the REAL solution to this problem with the MOD software you directed me to a few weeks ago. I am working on it. But I have security procedures I do not over-ride for any reason, no exceptions, regarding downloading software from the internet. I maintain a sterile environment for that sort of thing and it takes time.

Time I would rather spend playing the game, and helping others to enjoy it as well.

I have learned from this process. For example, If you do not activate the quests associated with a given dungeon, the mobs respawn almost immediately after you leave it, but if a key is required, or a pre-quest condition has to be met, you risk hanging a future quest if you farm it early. As arduous as all this must sound to you, it is not.

I am having a blast.
---
From Me and Mine to You And Yours - Trughbull
#8craziii3Posted 3/1/2008 3:16:00 PM
trade quarter has a gate taht leads outside. it is the gate where you were attack by the first of the mutants - bridge fight that triggers the first story cut scene.
---
#9dragonabcPosted 3/1/2008 4:43:35 PM
but u cant use taht gate.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqbCkgB3Ro
#10craziii3Posted 3/1/2008 4:49:40 PM
um I am sure I got out? I mean I got out.
---