The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So when will the game tell you what an 'unknown potion or oil' is?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher
  3. So when will the game tell you what an 'unknown potion or oil' is?

User Info: Alucard188

Alucard188
8 years ago#1
Do I have to try them out, or do I only need to get the alchemical formulae?
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx

User Info: tleeb2

tleeb2
8 years ago#2
If you get the formula for an unknown potion currently in your inventory, it will change to what it is. If you make a potion that comes up as unknown, drink it and if its a legitimate potion such as something like wolverine or perfume, the recipe will show up.

User Info: Trughbull

Trughbull
8 years ago#3
oils and bombs recipes will also appear once you use them.
From Me and Mine to You And Yours - Trughbull

User Info: TheGunslingerXL

TheGunslingerXL
8 years ago#4
I'm not so sure about oils. I just made some which I used called Agillica or something with an A, and it didn't give me the formula for it.

User Info: Trughbull

Trughbull
8 years ago#5
I had trouble with Argentia too. The first time I put it on the sword the formula did not appear. I assumed I made a mistake in making it and went back and made more than one, carefully. This time, when I oiled the sword the remaining oils in my inventory got their proper names and I had a formula. Since then, I have always made 2-3 of the "unknown" whatever it is I am making so that when I use one, it forces the game to deal with the rest of them I am carrying.
From Me and Mine to You And Yours - Trughbull
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher
  3. So when will the game tell you what an 'unknown potion or oil' is?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived