"Warning! Minimum system requirements not met!"

#1TheOrangeMonsterPosted 9/6/2008 8:50:45 AM
I get this message when I click launch game and then nothing happens. Does this mean I cant play the game at all? Or can I bypass this and set the video settings lower or something like that? I did a tet on some site that determines if you can run a certain game and the only thing that wasnt good enough was my graphics card.
#2Kiwi_1Posted 9/6/2008 9:00:43 AM
Simple enough. Replace the video device you are using with one that meets the game's published requirements (which you should have consulted before buying the game).

---
Kiwi
#3TheOrangeMonster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2008 9:07:19 AM
So theres no other way around it? Because my graphics card is just barely under minimum requiremens. If I can set some video settings lower it will run fine Ive done this with other PC games.
#4Kiwi_1Posted 9/6/2008 9:23:38 AM
Anyone trying to use the idiot results from SR Labs to judge the performance of their video card in a particular game is doomed to disappointment. There is no one at that place with any hardware knowledge, and their results are wrong so often, it's a bad joke.

You can use the similar diagnostic tool at YouGamers, and get accurate results, however.

---
Kiwi
#5TheOrangeMonster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2008 9:46:17 AM
When did I say what site I used?
#6OrillionXYOPosted 9/6/2008 12:32:32 PM
If your graphics card is below minimum requirements, it won't even let you enter the game. So you can't lower details, and you can't get around it.

Who would want to play on minimum settings and crappy performance anyway? upgrade.
#7Kiwi_1Posted 9/6/2008 1:42:24 PM
The greatest percentage of PCs that fail the game's launcher tests do not have real video cards at all, merely onboard chips, and those are never "slightly below" requirements. Those typically are MASSIVELY below the requirements (Intel chips being the worst, of course).

The Witcher Minimum requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
1 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft Windows Vista
128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
8.5 GB available hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
DVD-Rom

Recommended requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
8.5 GB available hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
DVD-Rom

---
Kiwi
#8KryHeaPosted 9/6/2008 8:05:34 PM
Weird, I scanned my system with YouGamers, and it says I don't meet the publisher's minimum requirements for a video card (I have an ATI Radeon 9600/X1050) but the YouGamers minimum requirements says that my card has all the required features. Huh? :/

Oh well, I'm thinking of upgrading or waiting a bit until I can shell out the cash for a new PC (this one I'm on is about four years old now.) I was thinking of buying the EE then stashing it somewhere until I can play it. (I always get so paranoid that the games I want are going to fly off the shelves about an hour after their release--and it almost never happens.)

Krystal
#9Kiwi_1Posted 9/6/2008 9:30:19 PM
The X1050 was a modified X300SE that had some tweaks to allow it to pass the Vista Aero minimum, but it was really a bad card if anyone tried running a game with it. The core speed is BOG slow, the RAM speed is equally slow, and the memory system bandwidth is very narrow. It's closely related to the Radeon 9550, which had a similar heritage (X300SE).

It's way below the Radeon 9800 minimum.

Why the "9600" numbering might appear in YouGamers' report is a bit confusing, though. The X300 had been a port from the 9600 AGP to PCIe when ATI was too busy with the Xbox360 graphics to put out a full new VGA generation, but none of the X***s ported that way ever carried with them any internal ID markers back to the 9600s.

---
Kiwi
#10TheOrangeMonster(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2008 7:26:47 AM
Shut up Kiwi_1 I dont like you one bit.