Anyways to skip the swamp/tower quest?

#1IvashankoPosted 1/2/2009 10:35:35 AM
Is there anyway to skip the tower quest completely? ;_; I know this it is very unlikely that the devs would create such a large quest unless the player had to complete it, but I hate the swamp. I find it boring, frustrating, and annoying, unlike the rest of the game which I have enjoyed so far.
--
/\/\||NG |\|O.
We lost. But we will return. Russia, World Cup Leaders, 2010.
#2jellyfish007Posted 1/2/2009 10:49:54 AM
It's a part of a main quest, you can't skip it. And after a while I started to appreciate the swamp's lack of loading zones.
---
Logic is such a liar
- Max Payne
#3Ivashanko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 11:07:43 AM
The lack of loading screen is rather nice...

On to another question. Since I must complete the quest, how do I get the tablet from the golem? >_> I have, or know how to get (I bought the tablet from the mercheant, then died somehow and forgot to pick it up again) all the others, but I can't get the one from the frozen golem. Do I have to wake him up with the lightning rod?
---
/\/\||NG |\|O. Allian
#4jellyfish007Posted 1/2/2009 12:16:48 PM
Buy the storm from the elder druid for 500 orens, stick the rod into the golem, then use the lightning pylons to kill it.
---
Logic is such a liar
- Max Payne
#5RoninzetaPosted 1/2/2009 2:40:46 PM
Take note that you can kill youself with those Pylons! If you are inside the triangle when you clink on the third pylon, you will get zapped at the same time as the golem. You can take a hit at full health, but that's about it. Problem is, it's sometimes hard to tell how close you can get and still be safe, and there's not a lot of time with the golem chasing you. If you just can't get it to work, then you can use a Tawny Owl and Igni to kill the golem the slooooooow way.
#6Ivashanko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 3:41:04 PM
Ete, I beat him, much thanks, much thanks. ^_^ *Bows*

Um, I was sad when... spoilers for people who haven't beaten the second chapter:

Raymond died. >< My favorite character so far, and all my favorite characters tend to die on me. ;_; Now, on to the thrid chapter...
---
/\/\||NG |\|O. Allian