Inventory full problems

#1egervari3Posted 6/1/2011 11:40:12 AM
What is the easiest way to deal with inventory problems?

Can I stash it somewhere?

Do I sell it? What do I sell? How do I know if I should sell it?

I always get angry when games put artificial inventory limits to make their game more 'realistic'. I personally don't care. You can make the combat as hard as you want, but I don't care for the artificial 'difficulty'

Is there a mod that simply removes this?
---
My Music: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443421/Ken_Egervari_-_When_It_Rains.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/443421/Ken_Egervari_-_A_Bridge_To_Somewhere.mp3
#2Deaths_BladePosted 6/1/2011 11:46:23 AM
No mod I don't think.

You can store things at the inn with the innkeeper, and the items persist between chapters. As for what to sell?

Sell every book, scroll and parchment you find once you've read it to a book seller or antique dealer [Dwarf in Temple Quarter Market etc]

Sell every bit of jewellery to a jewellery dealer. Good money makers those.

Check the wiki for whether a component or ingredient is used in a quest. If not, sell them. You only need enough ingredients to cover the 6 essences. The rest can be sold to either an alchemist or herbalist.

Sell all the food, but keep any alcohol which can be used as a potion base.

Sell all the knives, axes and crappy swords you can find. There are only a handful of decent swords in the game, and they are worth keeping.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/915112-the-witcher/59269961

Anything I've missed?
---
"You have no respect for logic. I have no respect for people who have no respect for logic." Schwarzenegger [Twins]
#3KerosiiniPosted 6/2/2011 4:33:46 AM
One neat trick I found out is that you can sell just about anything to blacksmiths...
Makes selling alot more easier :)
#4Deaths_BladePosted 6/2/2011 6:35:28 AM
Kerosiini posted...
One neat trick I found out is that you can sell just about anything to blacksmiths...
Makes selling alot more easier :)

Very true, and once you've brought the Excellent Jacket [Cpt 2 onwards] and the Steel Sword in Cpt 4, you don't really need money. At least you don't need so much money that it's worth the effort of tracking down the best price.
---
"You have no respect for logic. I have no respect for people who have no respect for logic." Schwarzenegger [Twins]
#5SirmilagresPosted 6/2/2011 12:11:01 PM
I agree with TC.
I don't need an infinite inventory but there is to much loot on Witcher.
And I'm one of those that MUST keep everything when playing a RPG
(I even felt guilty when I sold my first book)

and thanks DeathsBlade for all the info!
to much useless stuff in my inventory...
---
Psn ID - SirMilagres
Flux capacitor... fluxing
#6WolfAlmightyPosted 6/2/2011 12:41:45 PM
Another way I like to conserve space is making all the alcohol potion bases into White Gull. Makes them able to create any potion, are easy enough to make, and like all liquids are stackable up to 10. Also I never keep more than two stacks of beer, one stack of a wine, and one stack of a mead. For food, just keep bread. Plain old bread. A few people want food in the game and bread works just fine, plus you'll use it for a fetch quest later on. I usually keep a few stacks of gems or jewelry (y'know...fo' the ladiez ;) ), and a stack of diamond dust.

Alchemical ingredients are another matter, and it all depends on how many potions you use and what kind. You should keep at least one stack of each of the six main ingredients regardless, but if you use alchemy a lot and want to mix potions with dominant substances you can carry many more. Personally I've only found Rubedo to be of much use so I don't bother with dominant Albedo and Nigredo substances, but YMMV.

Mind you, I don't play the EE (can't stand the changes they made to the voice acting and dialogues) so I have 16 fewer squares to work with than those who do, but once I know what I'll need to keep and what I can scrap, inventory management isn't much of a problem. Of course, I had to play through the game once to know what it is I should keep and what I won't ever need.
#7Deaths_BladePosted 6/2/2011 1:24:26 PM(edited)
Another way I like to conserve space is making all the alcohol potion bases into White Gull. Makes them able to create any potion, are easy enough to make, and like all liquids are stackable up to 10

This is good advice. Ingredients are largely the same, they just change chapter by chapter.

Suggestion is to use up most of your ingredients every so often. Go on a massive mixing spree once your ingredients slots fill up.

Edit: Is there any profit in Potions, Oils or Bombs to be made? Can any of the potions be sold for a significant amount, or used as a money making exploit?
---
#8WolfAlmightyPosted 6/2/2011 4:11:52 PM
Perfume can be sold, though I don't remember the formula. I know you can sell Wives' Tears and IIRC you can also sell White Raffard's Decoction, though neither are really worth that much money (I think it's only like 20 orens or so). Oils and Bombs I've never seen anyone offer to buy them, but I never really use them either.
#9SirmilagresPosted 6/3/2011 6:31:10 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...
Edit: Is there any profit in Potions, Oils or Bombs to be made? Can any of the potions be sold for a significant amount, or used as a money making exploit?

hmmm.. never thought about it. I'll give it a look and post here later.

And what about White Gull? I know you can use it as a base for potion , but does it have any extra effect?
---
Psn ID - SirMilagres
Flux capacitor... fluxing
#10WolfAlmightyPosted 6/3/2011 6:40:20 AM
No, it's just a five-slot potion base like Alcholhest. I believe you can give it a dominant substance, though, but it's hardly worth wasting it by drinking one just for that.