Anastasia's Album Spells

#1TheGrogPosted 9/3/2009 9:20:25 PM
Is it just me, or do most of them suck compared to Crest spells? Except the Mecha Lord beam thing for 17 hits. Trying to find a reason to not boot her for Geppeto's superior magic damage, and I'm failing.
#2TheGrog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2009 9:51:54 PM
Actually, is any character's innate abilities actually better than crest magic versions? Like Lucia's defense aromas better than arc barrier and arc shield?
#3Dawn_WandererPosted 9/3/2009 11:37:04 PM
Yes. Everyone's personal skills are better.

There's many reasons, and the reasons vary.

If damage output is similar to Crest Magic, the reason for the skill being better is usually lower MP cost, or quicker recovery/turn-over time.
There's also the usual added effect. Anastasia's first Album skill, has an added Poison effect that works well.

Lucia's Aromatherapy affects the whole party (except herself), and does not cost any MP at all.

Gepetto's "--- Cast" skills are all Hard-Hit variety, which will ALWAYS knock away combo-ready enemies (unless they are resisting). It's also slightly stronger than Crest Magic. The high-tier Marionette skills have high damage output (especially Advent).

Blanca has full-revival and party-status-heal skills.
Karin and Joachim have high-hit combo physicals.
---
When you tour outside the U.S., Freezepop says to tell people you're from "near Canada."
#4Hotel_SecurityPosted 9/4/2009 5:19:29 AM
^I've got limited experience since I only just recruited Lucia, but I agree with ^this guy. The Personal skills always seem better. Gepetto's personal spells definitely seem more effective than anything he does with Crests, Lucia's aroma healing spell is already more effective than the single-person healing spells, Joachim's wrestling moves are FAR more effective than any crests he can use, and I only have Blanca's "soul" attack but it's up to four hits which makes it better than any of his attack-crests.
#5TheGrog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2009 12:34:40 PM
Ana's first album is insanely expensive compared to a double crested lvl 2 spell. And who cares about poison when bosses are immune and everything else dies in one hit?

Same with everybody else. A double crested skill is far cheaper, and therefor more spammable, than innate skills and one-shots normal enemies except on Joachim and maybe Blanca. Aromatherapy is VERY expensive. Tarot cards are free, I think.

Why pay 20 MP for Soul Comet when you can pay 8 for Bright Light? The damage benefit just isn't there except on bosses where MP doesn't matter.

On the other hand, Geppetto is so slow after I tried for a while. I can't get No Damage wins easily unless I burn my sole Speed Seal on him. I'll try Blanca
#6From_oblivionPosted 9/4/2009 1:07:28 PM
The innate spells of characters may deem to be more expensive but their effectiveness when it come to damages and positive/negative status effects are much much better. I always prefer to use the innate spells and skills to crest spells.
---
Life is a game, play it.
#7LadysoalluringPosted 9/4/2009 2:14:19 PM
Lucia rocks :) Glad you are using her Hotel ^_^ She is broke w/th specific oil combos :D

Lucia's buffs + 50% increase combo stack w/th crest spells as well so you can abuse both ^_^
---
The only thing I am guilty of is a lot of love, enthusiasm and being myself. If that's a crime, then it's a cross I'm willing to bear.
#8LadysoalluringPosted 9/4/2009 2:19:46 PM
Not only that but Lucia's def/atk skills buff two in one (i.e physical + special defence - physical + special offense) The crests only do one at once. Lucia develops an obscene MP pool. I don't see how Aromatherapy is expensive off that (apart from her ultimate techs which are well worth the price in the first place)
---
The only thing I am guilty of is a lot of love, enthusiasm and being myself. If that's a crime, then it's a cross I'm willing to bear.
#9TheGrog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2009 3:24:58 PM
20-30 v 16, and I don't have all the oils yet. The ones I do have are one stat or the other. Lucia seems really strong once you have Moon oil, and MP recovery is pretty nice. Only at Idar Flamme though.
#10Allen TaxPosted 9/5/2009 9:31:41 PM
TheGrog

Same with everybody else. A double crested skill is far cheaper, and therefor more spammable, than innate skills and one-shots normal enemies except on Joachim and maybe Blanca. Aromatherapy is VERY expensive. Tarot cards are free, I think.

^

What world you live in with games?Sounding like your a stiff penny pincher to MP.Only 2 aromas are very expensive.With reduced casting cost accessory.One spell is in the 700 MP range.She can cast status and ring immunity.And she can cast level 3 ring bonus and another does level 3 ring bonus + additional healing effects.Granted it is from the actual flower the old lady asks for to side quest.The cards are free.But there more useless and dangerous. Nor realistic to use in common fights.

---
Is A guy.Like guys ONLY period! "Rights are not won on paper. They are won only by those who make their voices heard"-Harvey Milk