Best character class to choose?

#1frozenwithuPosted 6/22/2008 5:04:50 PM
I have recently started this game as a barbarian and got to lvl 6, but my game messed up and I have to start over. I was wondering what class I should pick to play as. Can anyone tell me what class is the best and why?
#2deus terraPosted 6/23/2008 2:31:47 AM
Depends on yourself.
Just read the descriptions and judge what you like best.
It's a cliché: there is no best, only preference.
---
rpg_player_type_4@hotmail.com
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self.
#3Flare_Dragon123Posted 6/26/2008 3:20:12 PM
Warrior: Good for taking and dealing hits, can use all weapons and armors (except class specifics) and can dual wield at 10 (if you would prefer damage over tank)

Wood Elf: Good for destroying enemies before they touch you, or softening them up enough to finish with your blade up close.

Cleric: The self-sufficient survivor, can survive longer than the warrior, though weapon choice is limited (i call it easier to buff) to blunt, many spells for protecting oneself and lasting longer in battle.

Wizard: Pure damage, can destroy enemies before they know what hit them, can slow down, and burn enemies. Will suffer a bit in the game beggining but will eventually make it to near indestrucibility by late game.

Shadowknight: Everything I said about all the other classes, dumb it down a bit, and that's the shadowknight. You could have him be the caster with high armor, or the damage dealer with spells, the shadowknight does have the Summon Undead spell, which means you'll always have two party members (at level 20?) to do battle with.
---
My sex is so good you'll say 'thank you sir may I have another' before my pants are off. This of course only applies to women!!
#4xsilentshadowxPosted 7/13/2008 8:44:01 PM
There really isn't a best. Barbarians are melee, Elves are ranger, and mages got magic. I went with a barbarian because i like brute strength, but i would say barbarians are better because rangers aren't that good since the orcs and every other enemy runs right up to you. Mages are all right but, are pretty much useless after you run out of mana pots. Barbarians don't need pots untill higher levels so you don't need to worry about spending money on them. And if anyone is gonna use the level 20 cheat id get to level 10 or higher first because being level 20 with 250hp isn't really that good.

(Hope this was a help to you)
#5Bravokilo_24Posted 7/30/2008 10:51:09 AM
Mages are terrible at melee but when they get to a higher lvl they kill every thing thats in big groups.

Barbarian kills every thing in general.

Shadow Knight kills most everything correct me if im wrong but isnt that good against undead.

Cleric kills undead easy and can heal.

Archer sucks because there is no auto aim so u have to get a good camera angle or you will miss alot.

---
WARNING: Drinking causes memory loss and worse memory loss!
#6ijhutchPosted 7/30/2008 8:14:22 PM

Bravokilo_24 posted...

Archer sucks because there is no auto aim so u have to get a good camera angle or you will miss alot.

BLASPHEMY! Tar and feather the unbeliever! :twisted:

Archer ROCKS because you can walk on to the edge of a map, turn on Critical Hit, and then Multifire in every direction for about 5 seconds...then, you waltz into the room (past all the bodies and broken barrels and boxes) and open any chests that remain. Archer arrows go a L O N G way...way off screen. And if you want to snipe, you just need to get more proficient. I regularly pick off mages across the far side of a map before wasting on the foot soldiers.

YMMV.

* ijhutch *

#7Bravokilo_24Posted 7/31/2008 5:57:24 AM
yea but if ur playing with a barbarian friend they just charge in any way so u get attacked and end up killing orcs with ur sword
---
#8ijhutchPosted 7/31/2008 8:11:37 AM

Bravokilo_24 posted...
yea but if ur playing with a barbarian friend they just charge in any way so u get attacked and end up killing orcs with ur sword

In my multiplayer campaign, I regularly kill things before the Berserker does and have stayed ahead as far as experience goes (about 1-2 levels). I enjoy playing a pure Ranger, almost never resorting to the sword. The Barbarian/Berserker must close the gap to effectively engage whilst the Ranger does not. This is also typically more risky for the melee fighter and their have been several times that they have died after getting surrounded and I have not, allowing me to give the coup de grace (= lion's share of the experience) on the mini or big boss.

YMMV.

* ijhutch *

#9Bravokilo_24Posted 8/3/2008 2:12:39 PM
in my experience the archer cant hit targets at all
---
#10ijhutchPosted 8/4/2008 4:07:33 PM

With Multifire, aiming is not needed. :twisted:

I may miss once or twice at extreme long distance, but I dial in quick. Having all my points in DEX seems to help as well. Being able to hit with a single arrow takes some practice.

I started a thread in CoN:RtA forums about this challenge called Death's Countdown. The goal is to kill at least 75 beasties in less than 4 minutes while going through this maze. My highest level archer playing at the highest level difficulty (Epic) got to 88 and still had 10 seconds left (before dying a surprise death). None of the other character classes has come close to this killing capabiility --at least in my experience.

* ijhutch *