No Upgrades Playthrough *will contain SPOILERS*

#1SinReViPosted 5/27/2008 6:27:48 AM
Warning: This will contain spoilers!

I don't know if anybody still visits this board.

With No Upgrades I mean no upgrades from Doug.
I did a No Upgrades playthrough before (that was before my cartridge stopped working) but Sawma was too strong =P And too fast. Ark did only 1 Damage and could be killed by 3 hits of Sawma. The Sawbits also do more damage. On my best try I got Sawma down to 3HP but uhm... Ark died. I remember of all bosses I fought I spent most time on Falcken and Sawma (never defeated Sawma though).

Anyway, I was thinking about doing a new No Upgrades Playthrough, this time with more rules.

The Rules:
- NO UPGRADES FOR ANYBODY!
- Power Up item is not allowed.
- Holding A button to walk faster and to release the stronger attack is allowed.
- Shield Ring is not allowed.
- Heal Ring is not allowed.
- Speed Ring is not allowed.
- All Dash is not allowed.
- Protecting items are not allowed. (Status Sld, Power Block, Poison Block, Dfs. Shield, Prlz. Block)
- Attack items are allowed. (Shake A/B Mine A/B Bomb A/B, Lightning, Speedshot, Smoke, Pigeons)
- No use of “Go to Entrance” except after a Game Over of course.
- Healing items are allowed. (Potion A/B/C and Restore)
- Putting items in the bin to get Majesties out is allowed.

---
The Genius of the Century is back! This time with more sinking ships than ever!
#2SinReVi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2008 2:27:46 PM
Dungeon: Beginning World
Time of entering: 00:09:53
Boss defeated on: No boss here =P
Time before going into the bossbattle (first try): No boss here.
Time after bossbattle (last try): No bossbattle. So I’ll give my time before everyone splits up. 00:39:28 Probably because the time I spent inside the menus
People who died in this dungeon: No one. (Ok, ok Jester died but that’s part of the storyline and doesn’t give you a Game Over screen)
Total Game Overs in this dungeon: 0
Total Game Overs: 0

Comments:

Standard Groups: (Start)
Party One: Vanrose, Shelley, Yurald, Claude.
Party Two: Jean, Eberle, Halley, Emmy.
Party Three: Rick, Diana, Philis, Telmia.
Party Four: Doug, Ileyda.

My Groups:
Party One: Eberle, Halley, Emmy, Vanrose.
Party Two: Telmia, Rick, Diana, Jean.
Party Three: Doug, Claude, Philis.
Party Four: Yurald, Ileyda, Shelley.
I prefer having two groups of 4 + two groups of 3 instead of three groups of 4 + one group of 2. And there should be one strong attacker in the group or at least someone with a standard weapon. And I don’t want too much space between walking people.

This is the tutorial dungeon and there is nothing dangerous here (except Pike of course. Watch out Jester =P). I took non-equipped potions from the Pioneers because I think they might come in handy. I also took the Potion B and C from Jean and Eberle’s inventory =P Ark’s inventory is full of Potions right now (+ one Lightning). Um… And then Ark couldn’t pick up items because his inventory was full… Oops. So I moved 6 Potion A’s to Ivy.
Nobody was seriously hurt (except Jester when he was killed). Ark and Ivy lost 2 HP. All other people weren’t even attacked. This is the easiest dungeon in the game. But that’s old news right?

--

Dungeon: Silver Snow
Time of entering: 00:41:51
Boss defeated on: First try
Time before going into the bossbattle (first try): 00:54:33
Time after bossbattle (last try): 00:57:46
People who died in this dungeon: Nobody
Total Game Overs in this dungeon: 0
Total Game Overs: 0

Comments:

So I start without any people. Lalala there is nobody to protect right now. Until I find Halley near the entrance.

Standard Groups: (After saving Halley)
Party One: Halley

My Groups:
Party One: Halley
Uhm… There is no order because there is only one person. Nothing to change here.

Nothing dangerous has happened so far. I sent Halley to find hidden items and found some Material. But Materials are useless because I don’t want upgrades. Halley is at 1 Trust now.

Bossbattle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvBEbKSBGjs
Um… I lost my Lightning but I survived. Bruton is easy if you know how to defeat him. Upgrades are not available at this moment (Doug isn’t in the party yet) so this battle stays the same.

---
The Genius of the Century is back! This time with more sinking ships than ever!
#3XxJesterxXPosted 6/2/2008 8:57:04 PM
Is that it?
---
XxJesterxX, creating awkward moments around the world everyday.