This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how easy?

#11KillfaceDingo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 9:06:20 PM
JakePotter480 posted...
i just want to say thank you to every douche who said proud mode in this is so easy just to make themselves look like cool hardcore gamers

No, it's easy

Well, yeah pretty much. After those 3 mulan missions i have had no trouble at all, but my son is still dying. If it was as easy as normal in kh1 he wouldn't be dying.
#12ThricedeadPosted 5/24/2012 5:12:56 AM
This game is easier than the first, but only because it's more user-friendly.
The reaction commands are the key to winning or losing many fights, so if your reflexes are poor, then this game will be hard. Not that there's no room for error, just that some pass by when you aren't expecting them, and you might miss them out of surprise.
Magic seems more important than the previous games, and Drives are fun to use, but you'll tend to take more damage using them, since you're not used to their attacks.
The first Kingdom hearts was designed for a slightly older age-set, I think. This one makes it easier to play, while keeping the plot aimed at the same ages.
In short, it's not easier, it just seems to be, after playing KHI.
#13falconesquePosted 5/25/2012 7:20:24 AM
and yeah i deff don't need beginner mode.

My apologies; no offense was intended. The suggestion wasn't implying anything about your skills, but was based on what I know from playing all three modes. The difference isn't all that pronounced, but it is easier. It's certainly not a "baby" mode.

everyone lied. it is much harder than normal in KH1.

Not at all. Many posters don't account for their own familiarity, and KH2's difficulty definitely dwindles with repeated playthroughs. Or they are boasting, especially if the topic is aimed at pulling out a ruler. :j That's hardly unusual with young men, and this board has had its share of boys' clubs over the years. This is actually a fairly amiable time, FWIW.

It's a challenge all parents have in raising young men, though. (And ladies, too, of course.) Where to draw the line, how to back off gracefully. And so on.

Best wishes with your run.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#14zeldaman1559Posted 5/25/2012 7:55:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15Hotel_SecurityPosted 5/25/2012 2:09:23 PM
. It's easier to replay

Yes, well not everyone has the time OR the patience to replay a game twice, especially when an 8-year old is involved.

Your eight-year-old will learn from your reaction.

Or get bored by replaying it.

why do so many people have to lie? to make themselves look cool?

There are certain exploits that people abuse that make the game easier…plus how the game throws healing items and elixirs makes it difficult to die in certain points. Spells can be exploited and such. Mind you, all of these are tools are tricks that are learned by people who delve deep into everything the game has to offer…I know it took me a few replays to learn all this stuff so I found a few fights and bosses knocking me around too. I’ll admit I found it silly on the other thread when folks were telling you avoid fights because you didn’t need them. I can’t imagine worse advice for a first-time player of ANY game.
#16gamesarefun2Posted 5/25/2012 5:46:30 PM
easy
---
http://youtube.com/user/vPEACHESv
#17zane0144Posted 5/26/2012 12:27:52 PM
Ok, if this is the first playthrough then certain fights are very hard/annoying. But after you figure out how to beat them they are very easy in repeat plays. I still have trouble with the Ground Shaker fight.
---
"Tsk, a faithful replica to the very end. That's...okay."
#18DeGroteJPosted 6/3/2012 3:02:52 AM(edited)
Dude, your son is 8, eight. And you're complaining that older people find the difficulty a bit too easy on proud, which it is.

I mean, what did you expect? That your 8 year old son will beat the game on proud mode with no problem because other people can do it?

I fail to grasp your logic here.
---
Will work for karma.
#19KillfaceDingo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 9:24:12 AM
DeGroteJ posted...
Dude, your son is 8, eight. And you're complaining that older people find the difficulty a bit too easy on proud, which it is.

I mean, what did you expect? That your 8 year old son will beat the game on proud mode with no problem because other people can do it?

I fail to grasp your logic here.

Yeah he is pretty good.

We play left 4 dead all the time, and he is better than like 3/4ths of the people i play online with.

he has beaten tons of games. So yeah I expected him to be able to beat this on proud.

You see what I heard was that proud mode in this is even easier than normal mode in KH1. Well he beat KH1 no problem, in fact found it too easy.
#20General_TimPosted 6/4/2012 8:56:41 PM
Proud mode is hard. Unless you are saying that SE is stupid and made the last difficulty setting easier the the second. I beat normal into the ground like 10 times(with zero deaths) at levels at or between 40 and 50. Proud mode however I NEED to be above 70 just for the areas before all the final fights with the Org. XIII characters. At least level 80 for the fights. And it is almost required to be level 90 or above for the actual final boss fight with whats his face. So eternal flames on all those who make Proud mode seem like it is nothing. Especially when someone is going through this game for the first time.

SO GET THE HELL OFF THIS MANS CASE YOU DELUSION OF GRANDEUR FREAKS!
---
Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me immortal.
You can try to MOD me but I will come back as something else every time.