This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trouble saving the game.

#1Iceburg116Posted 10/5/2011 5:45:45 AM
Every time I attempt to save the game, I get a notification saying I need at least 90KB of free space on my PS2 Memory Card to save the game. Heh, well yeah, I have 57,4xx kB of free space. I just checked and even erased an old game I don't own anymore just to make sure.
The game recognizes the memory card is actually in, because before starting up the PS2 I took both my cards out and turned it on. Literally staring at the screen saying

[b]No memory cards (PS2) found.
Kingdom Hearts II requires at least 90 KB of free space to save your game.
Continue anyway?[/b] >Yes/No

Last time I started it up, it didn't ask that. Game seems fine otherwise, but.. What kind of problem is this? Disc related or.. what?
I know the card itself still works; just saved a new file of SkyGunner and Shadow of the Colossus on it over the past couple of days.

Kind of want to play this again, but don't want it to be a waste.
---
Remember that.
#2falconesquePosted 10/5/2011 8:30:04 AM
Try a Sony 8MB memory card for PS2. Many, many games balk at third-party memories cards, not just KH2. Afterward, try copying the saved game to your preferred memory card, it might work.

You might find good tips for using third-party memory cards over in the PS2 Hardware pages (click PS2 by Platforms, above). Very frequently asked question and eventually you will see the problem with a game other than KH2, if you haven't already.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#3Iceburg116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 8:33:58 AM
Right.. Before it is asked
The memory card is a Sony-made 64MB card, not a third party thing. I only have it and an old PS1 card.
---
Remember that.
#4Iceburg116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 8:36:38 AM
falconesque posted...
Try a Sony 8MB memory card for PS2. Many, many games balk at third-party memories cards, not just KH2. Afterward, try copying the saved game to your preferred memory card, it might work.

You might find good tips for using third-party memory cards over in the PS2 Hardware pages (click PS2 by Platforms, above). Very frequently asked question and eventually you will see the problem with a game other than KH2, if you haven't already.

Hrrk, excuse my message right after yours. Guess you must have sent that immediately after I refreshed to check the page..

Ahwel.
---
Remember that.
#5falconesquePosted 10/5/2011 10:24:55 AM
Regardless, reverting to a Sony-brand 8MB memory card is the only workaround known. And it is known to work. Borrow one, then copy to your higher-capacity memory card.
---
#6Eddo_CPosted 10/7/2011 6:32:45 AM
Except the 64 mb "Sony" branded memory cards are actually fake.

The biggest memory card made by Sony is 8mb. Before you come and tell me that it has the usual Sony label stuff on it, just do a quick google search for it.
---
You're pretty radical, can I fill your valence?
#7JakePotter480Posted 10/7/2011 2:39:04 PM
>Sony-made
>64MB

pick one
---
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1248/1286364754321.jpg
#8falconesquePosted 10/7/2011 3:54:45 PM
Plenty of disreputable outfits will slap a Sony label on another product. If that's the case and the memory card is a recent purchase, return it and find another dealer. Ya got oregano'd and they don't deserve your business. Tell a friend for good measure.

Now, it's also commonplace for a major manufacturer to buy up some competing product or a no-name el cheapo substitute ("OEM") and do the same relabeling. Sony U.S. didn't do that, 8 MB memory cards only, but that's as far as I checked.
---
#9Iceburg116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 4:18:29 PM
Welp.
I don't mind that it's a fake, then. There's the feint gray Sony label on it, and I don't do constant checks to see if it's too good to be true.
And on the side, I don't mind, since I got it for free :y

I'll go to GameStop or something and pick an 8MB one up later in the week.
Thanks, guys.
---
Remember that.