This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Only reason they're avoiding Kingdom Hearts III

#1SuperNESGamerPosted 6/24/2012 11:57:47 PM
Because Square-Enix knows they've mucked up FF so bad and aren't doing anything else with it's other franchises that the long-delayed KH3 is pretty much the only release the fans are actively looking forward too.
#2GlavewurmPosted 6/25/2012 1:24:17 PM
Only reason they're avoiding Kingdom Hearts III

Versus 13.

KH3 is pretty much the only release the fans are actively looking forward too.

Versus 13.
---
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20120528.gif
#3Eclair_de_XIIPosted 6/25/2012 1:30:31 PM
Versus 13.

This. Lurk moar, TC.
---
Number XII; Larxene.
The Organization's Savage Nymph.
#4SuperNESGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 2:11:22 PM
I thought Versus 13 was connected in some way to some of the Final Fantasies that are almost universally hated (such as 13 or 14), isn't it?
#5GlavewurmPosted 6/25/2012 5:21:26 PM
It's connected as far as gods and why they can use magic. I haven't heard anything else that connects it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they mention the word l'cie at some point.

Eitherway, it's Kingdom Hearts in suits and so far it seems more grounded than 13/13-2. At the very least, the only vehicle I remember is a car, and not a motorcycle that transforms into twin sisters that use ice magic like in 13.

Granted, the game is never actually coming out, which takes some points off, but you can't win them all.
---
#6SoeroahPosted 6/25/2012 7:59:17 PM
SuperNESGamer posted...
I thought Versus 13 was connected in some way to some of the Final Fantasies that are almost universally hated (such as 13 or 14), isn't it?

It's set in a universe with the same themes (L'cie, Fal'cie, crystals, Etro and all those gods) but it's otherwise unconnected to Pulse and Coccoon.

The point is more that the Kingdom Hearts team is stuck working on Versus XIII until it's finished, before they can move on to KH3, though.
#7Dragonclaw_ZEROPosted 6/26/2012 8:34:25 AM
The real problem is inadequate HD Game Engines the Japanese has access to.

They usually develope their own engines to suit the specific needs of their individual games, but that can take years.

In the western world, we mostly just buy one from another big company. I mean, how many games are using the Unreal Engines? I honestly stopped counting.

I mean, I could go into more detail, but I think you guys got the idea.
---
Repeat Infinitum.
If you don't get the above post, just assume I'm being sarcastic.
#8NeoTStylePosted 6/27/2012 4:24:56 PM
Is anyone still really looking forward to Versus 13 after the abominations that were 13 and 13-2? I mean, with lore like that they might as well just call it Final Fantasy 15 or something just to avoid it having anything to do with these pieces of crap.
#9thekashifPosted 6/27/2012 5:39:41 PM
NeoTStyle posted...
Is anyone still really looking forward to Versus 13 after the abominations that were 13 and 13-2? I mean, with lore like that they might as well just call it Final Fantasy 15 or something just to avoid it having anything to do with these pieces of crap.

May I point out that 13 was not so much crappy as it was divisive, some people hate 13, some people consider their favorite, I think its alright. 13-2 is universally considered better than 13 but what that means depends on your opinion of 13. 14 was the crappy one.
---
"I'm not a child anymore, I buy my own insurance and everything"
#10GlavewurmPosted 6/27/2012 6:51:21 PM
I mean, with lore like that they might as well just call it Final Fantasy 15

It wouldn't surprise me. They already did that with Agito 13, though I hear Gilgamesh is still a l'cie in that.
---