This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Plausibility of unused Disney worlds in future KH games

#1tyciolPosted 9/1/2012 4:15:48 AM
Reading http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/915410-kingdom-hearts-ii/60389357 got me thinking... usually each new major game in the series (as opposed to midquels like Chain or Memories or whatever else they've come out with) have new games and things.

As I recall from my limited play of KH2, this included Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean and Tron, at least.

The idea was introduced that it was unlikely to see TV series brought into things. Supposedly Disney films only. But is this true?

For example, Lilo and Stitch didn't get its own world, but Stitch did get incorporated as an ally. While this was initially a movie, it got its own television series adaptation.

Oppositely, TV series such as Phineas and Ferb have also gotten movie adaptations (2011's Across the 2nd Dimension) albeit they were TV movies and not theatrical releases as far as I know. At the point where this happens for a TV series does it then become plausible to introduce it as a KH world?

There are older Disney things I'd like to see perhaps have worlds (67's Jungle Book, 73's Robin Hood, 77's Rescuers, 85's Black Cauldron, 86's Great Mouse Detective, 95's Pocahontas, 96's Hunchback, 2000's Emperor's New Groove, 2001's Atlantis, 2002's Treasure Planet) and TV series movies (99's Doug, 01's Recess) as well as some interesting new film adaptations (2008's Bolt, 2009's Princess and the Frog, 2010's Tangled).

I think the priority should be given to the classics from pre-2000 but since we're seeing stuff like Chicken Little show up (really?) I'd personally rather see Perry the Platypus than him again, so I am wondering, do you think developers consider it a priority to only include theatrical releases?

Couldn't some popular TV shows' ratings actually rival that of movie buys in some cases?
#2WrenchNinjaPosted 9/1/2012 4:45:48 AM
The Disney shows popular in the west in the early 90s never aired or were that popular in Japan. Chicken Little got in because of cross promotion with the movie.

I dont know how popular current Disney cartoons are in Japan, or if they air there to begin with.

I dont understand your point with Stitch. He had an extremely popular movie, and got to be in the game, eventually getting a world in BbS.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif
#3Captin_TerorPosted 9/4/2012 12:21:03 PM
tyciol posted...
Reading http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/915410-kingdom-hearts-ii/60389357 got me thinking... usually each new major game in the series (as opposed to midquels like Chain or Memories or whatever else they've come out with) have new games and things.

As I recall from my limited play of KH2, this included Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean and Tron, at least.

The idea was introduced that it was unlikely to see TV series brought into things. Supposedly Disney films only. But is this true?

For example, Lilo and Stitch didn't get its own world, but Stitch did get incorporated as an ally. While this was initially a movie, it got its own television series adaptation.

Oppositely, TV series such as Phineas and Ferb have also gotten movie adaptations (2011's Across the 2nd Dimension) albeit they were TV movies and not theatrical releases as far as I know. At the point where this happens for a TV series does it then become plausible to introduce it as a KH world?

There are older Disney things I'd like to see perhaps have worlds (67's Jungle Book, 73's Robin Hood, 77's Rescuers, 85's Black Cauldron, 86's Great Mouse Detective, 95's Pocahontas, 96's Hunchback, 2000's Emperor's New Groove, 2001's Atlantis, 2002's Treasure Planet) and TV series movies (99's Doug, 01's Recess) as well as some interesting new film adaptations (2008's Bolt, 2009's Princess and the Frog, 2010's Tangled).

I think the priority should be given to the classics from pre-2000 but since we're seeing stuff like Chicken Little show up (really?) I'd personally rather see Perry the Platypus than him again, so I am wondering, do you think developers consider it a priority to only include theatrical releases?

Couldn't some popular TV shows' ratings actually rival that of movie buys in some cases?

Emperor's New Groove: Kronk summon / Llama summon
Atlantis: World
Treasure Planet: World
Bolt: Bolt summon

This would make KHIII amazing in terms of disney stuff.
---
Looking forward to: Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3: Abscence of Detention , FFX HD, Bioshock Infinite,Starhawk, and Assassin's Creed III,
PSN: CasualSnoopy
#4Nousername96Posted 9/9/2012 9:14:16 AM
tyciol posted...

BbS has it as a world.

The problem with some of these is possible enemies. There needs to be some sort of enemy that is related to the world. In a lot of these, I think a boss would be hard to make/find, if not impossible. Recess and Doug are out of the question for that. Some that would work SPLENDIDLY are Atlantis and Treasure Planet. As much as I'd love Emperor's New Groove, I don't think that it would work well in a game like this.

It has to be famous in America and Japan. Also, kid's shows these days have little to no violence. Every show/movie that has starred in KH has had violence.
#5BlueBoy675Posted 9/9/2012 10:40:54 AM
Even if we don't get a Treasure Planet world, I would love to have Morph as a summon.
---
The Beatles is the greatest band of all time.
# of people who agree: 7
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 9/11/2012 1:28:19 PM
I’ve been pumping up a few of the ideas you threw out. Robin Hood is a great idea…much could be done there. I’m a big fan of the Great Mouse Detective…much could be done with a “detective world.” Hunchback is a bit similar to The Beast in terms of setting but we never got the Beast’s town so that could be something new. All of these have a defined villain too. I also like an idea of a space level and some have suggested Wall-E but there’s no villain in that. Using Cars could be good and having “car combat” could be neat to mix things up…I have no clue if those have a villain but maybe they could just have you win races.

Emporer’s New Groove I don’t know what they would do with it but the crazy witch could be humorous. I have no interested in Doug or Recess or any of those Disney network cartoons…a LOT of people won’t have a clue what those are. They were already pushing it with stuff like Mulan and Lilo and Stitch who the older fans didn’t see. Chicken Little was the same but that wasn’t the world…just the character who most of us recognized.
#7Skellington87Posted 9/16/2012 5:03:51 PM
dont forget chip N dale and gummi bears there is still more but i cant remember them
---
if you wanna play you better stay with me!
#8ChipNoirPosted 9/16/2012 6:34:25 PM
WrenchNinja posted...
The Disney shows popular in the west in the early 90s never aired or were that popular in Japan. Chicken Little got in because of cross promotion with the movie.

I dont know how popular current Disney cartoons are in Japan, or if they air there to begin with.

I dont understand your point with Stitch. He had an extremely popular movie, and got to be in the game, eventually getting a world in BbS.

Plenty of early 90's disney shows aired. Japan is NUTS for EVERYTHING disney. All the major after-school cartoons have Japanese dubs.
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#9ty_taurusPosted 9/22/2012 8:09:23 PM
I would love for there to be a world for The Emperor's New Groove, but I think those chances were shot for the same reason they abruptly canceled its TV show... Eartha Kit's death. They didn't think anyone would be able to replace Ezma, though I wouldn't mind if they did for KH's sake. I could imagine Kuzco as a summon though.

Kim Possible ended up having her own movies and I think Middleton would make a great world. It has plenty of villains and a hero that fights on a regular basis, but I think they're staying away from anything disney that started as a TV show, as we've yet to see anything in that retrospect.

I really hope they return Lilo's and Stitch's world as Hawaii, or it would probably be named The Tropical Islands or something. I think this has a high chance as Stitch in BbS was sort of a "cliffhanger" and he was still searching space I think by KH2's time, though he did show the beach when he was summoned so who knows?

I hope they keep a water world. I think most players agree Atlantica was a major disappointment in KH2, but I did love it in KH1, the underwater combat. I wouldn't mind the world returning if it receded back to the way it was. I admit I do like the idea of implementing some of the really good disney songs (not just the little mermaid songs) but I wouldn't want them to do a repeat of what happened in 2.

If I had to randomly guess a new summonable character, I'd go with the rescuers. I'd love to involve them in KH but their world would be very difficult to do, though they did shrink Ventus into mouse size for Cinderella, so I suppose they could do the same, since Donald would be there he could be the liaison between shrinking and growing.

Am I the only one who thinks a Disney and Miyazaki movie is a brilliant idea? Just one world would work. Spirited Away anyone?
#10General_TimPosted 10/6/2012 7:22:30 AM
American Dragon Jake Long, and Marvel...shut up Marvel is cooler than anything that has been a world so far.
---
Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me immortal.
You can try to MOD me but I will come back as something else every time.