Getting Shadow * + Longsword L?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue Version
  3. Getting Shadow * + Longsword L?

User Info: Gutsman0X

Gutsman0X
7 years ago#1
Well, im in cust style and i have S ranked these damn shadows like 20 times and they still havn't given me a Shadow* and im not using navis or anything. I've been using lifesword PA's and varswords. And Longsword L, i only have 2 of them so i need one more to make my folder more fluid.

User Info: EchoPhoenix

EchoPhoenix
7 years ago#2
For LongSword L you need to S Rank Swordy viruses without Custom Style. Don't know why you can't get Shadow *s though. Make sure you're not firing your buster or anything (although that would be stupid for Shadows).

User Info: JackGreb

JackGreb
7 years ago#3
I think if you S-rank a swordy while using a Mega Chip, it won't count as a custom rank.
R.I.P Mednafen...

User Info: kaothic86

kaothic86
7 years ago#4
Megachips are fine as long as they aren't navi chips, Guardian works, for example.

User Info: Zegar14

Zegar14
7 years ago#5
It might depend on where you're doing this at, for one thing. If Darkmanv3 is running around in undernet 6 Shadows will also appear there. I've had good luck getting Shadow * off them. However, I've only rarely gotten them off secret area shadows.

The Undernet 6 Shadows always appear with 1 other virus, but that Virus is usually in the first row, so if you hit a lifesword draw on turn 1 you can win the battle in less than a second.

User Info: hehezetaru

hehezetaru
7 years ago#6
Oh, so that's why! I've been setting Blues V5 as my 11th chips and tried like 200 times. Literally.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Battle Network 3: Blue Version
  3. Getting Shadow * + Longsword L?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived