Best Mario Party for Gamecube?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. Best Mario Party for Gamecube?
4 years ago#1
I'm looking to buy one of the Mario Party games for the Gamecube but...there are several and I dunno which one would be the best choice?
4 years ago#2
The way I see it:
4 has the best minigames but has atrocious boards.

5 is the most well rounded with good minigames and some cool boards. My personal favorite.

6 is a mixed bag. Some good more complicated minigames but a lot that are pure chance as well.

7 tries to mix it up. Only one board plays like a traditional Mario Party board. The minigames are nice and are more complicated than the older games. The microphone is dumb but you can play without it.

I'd get 5.
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, and Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
4 years ago#3
5 is by far the best.

It has the most boards (7 instead of the usual 6), the boards are all classic Mario Party style, it has a lot more minigames than 4 and effectively more minigames then 6&7 because those spend a lot of games on rarely played modes/gimmicks.

It has pretty much the same graphics as 6&7, so it looks a lot better then 4.

The boards and minigames thenselvelves are pretty good.

The only controversial/negative thing is the item/orb system. Some people like it, some don't. But the only GC game with normal items is 4, snd i don't think a better item system is worth playing with less boards, less characters, less minigames, slightly off controls and worse graphics.
No More Heroes
4 years ago#4
My favorite was definitely 5. Although, I never played 6, but out of 4, 5, and 7, my favorite is 5.
Challenge Mode scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(perfect!) Overall: 1178
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
4 years ago#5
5 was the best GameCube one, and could possibly be the best Mario party game.
Tingle tingle kooloo limpah! These are my magic words. Don't steal them! Join my Mario Kart 7 community. PM me for details.
4 years ago#6
Mario Party 1 and 2 on the n64 are by FAR the best ones.
4 years ago#7
my vote goes to 5 or 6. 7 was OK with some cool new ideas but the fact that it only had like 10 4-player games is a hard hit.
4 years ago#8
4 and 5 yo
4 years ago#9
PedroMontana posted...

The boards and minigames thenselvelves are pretty good.

I loled at thenselvelves. Should be a new word in the dictionary.
I'm Cheesy, who are you?
I"m on the fritz and I'm hungry for numbers!
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. Best Mario Party for Gamecube?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived