Anyone here with a BBA and a copy of Kirby Air Ride or Mario Kart Double Dash?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. Anyone here with a BBA and a copy of Kirby Air Ride or Mario Kart Double Dash?

User Info: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#1
Its been a few years since I played these titles online and would be interested in trying it out again (more for Kirby than Mario Kart.) Its the only reason I still have my GC out for so if anyone has these things just let me know so we can play a few rounds.

P.S. North American players only. The online tends to lag over other continents.
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 years ago#2
I thought these weren't online-capable -- the BBA allows you to connect two GC systems for a LAN (local) game... presuming you have 2 GC's, 2 BBAs, 2 TVs...
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: chaomaster4000

chaomaster4000
4 years ago#3
There's tunnelling programs that allow you to "trick" the Gamecube into thinking it's playing over LAN, when actually you're playing someone over a long distance. XLink Kai is the most popular one, to my knowledge.

Unfortunately, while I own these games, I don't own a BB adapter and I live in England.
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/cryogonal

User Info: spooie

spooie
4 years ago#4
I have both games, but unfortunately, I do not have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. :(
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#5
spooie posted...
I have both games, but unfortunately, I do not have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. :(

I don't have that either but that doesn't prevent me from playing my GC online.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 years ago#6
spooie posted...

You think that's bad? I've got both those games, GCs, BBAs, controllers.... but not broadband. (Kinda makes me wish I bought the GC dial-up modem. Well, no, not really.)
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#7
There's a GC dial up modem? Is there pics of what it looks like?
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
4 years ago#8
Same thing as the broadband adapter, except it is grey instead of black.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: Grizzmeister

Grizzmeister
4 years ago#9
Does this answer the question? ; )

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/Grizzmeister/DoubleDashLANparty.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/Grizzmeister/3GameCubes.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/Grizzmeister/GCBroadbandAdapter.jpg
"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." - William Blake

RemixDeluxe
4 years ago#10
^ thats an amazing setup you got there. Would you possibly play against me sometime?

For online purposes, may I ask what state you live in assuming your from the US?
-Shadow the Hedgehog
  1. Boards
  2. GameCube
  3. Anyone here with a BBA and a copy of Kirby Air Ride or Mario Kart Double Dash?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived