PS2 Hardware - Board FAQ

#21hackerkyoPosted 2/13/2006 7:11:29 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22fillup0Posted 2/14/2006 4:11:41 AMmessage detail
who is gonna answer my question?
---
[=[ ]=]
[+[ ]+]@_@ what you looking at.... no really..... looking at my ds?
#23jvgfanaticPosted 2/14/2006 10:08:11 AMmessage detail
but i was also using cheats on a cheat disc. could this be the cause?

Try it without the cheats. Only then will you truly know if the cheat disc is causing the problem or not.
#24RebornLordSlugPosted 2/14/2006 6:45:29 PMmessage detail
What would I do to go online if I had a usb connection? what socket would I put it in on slim ps2?
#25JustThrowMoneyPosted 2/26/2006 9:29:53 AMmessage detail
I want to send in my PS2 to Sony for repairs (makes weird noises from time to time), but could someone tell me how long the warranty lasts, so I can tell if I'm paying a fee or not? I got it December 2002.
---
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not your thing.
#26Darth_SnakePosted 2/26/2006 10:36:25 AMmessage detail
cheers, now i know how to hook up online :)
---
THE RE4 MERCHANT FAN CLUB!-http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576387&page=
15/1/06: the handcannon is finally mine!!!
#27darkhalePosted 3/4/2006 9:18:18 AMmessage detail
my ps2 is doing a tak tak tak voice every time im playing what is the problem? and what can i do?
#28CNash(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 3/5/2006 3:41:34 AMmessage detail
I want to send in my PS2 to Sony for repairs (makes weird noises from time to time), but could someone tell me how long the warranty lasts, so I can tell if I'm paying a fee or not? I got it December 2002.

Usually the basic warranty is for a year, unless you bought an extended warranty when you bought the PS2. Check the documentation that came with your PS2.

If it's from 2002, though, I'd imagine you'd have to pay the fee.

What would I do to go online if I had a usb connection? what socket would I put it in on slim ps2?

Do you mean that your modem is connected via USB? That's not going to work with your PS2 - you'll need to obtain some CAT5 ethernet cable and hook it up with that.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#29SaintHubbinsPosted 3/11/2006 7:40:19 AMmessage detail
Does the HDD work with other games besides FFXI?

Is the HDD helpful in storing other game saves besides FFXI?

Thank you for your help.
#30Naru2005Posted 3/11/2006 8:29:17 AMmessage detail
Does the HDD work with other games besides FFXI?

There are some other games that utilize the HDD for faster loading times(Resident Evil: Outbreak/II) or to obtain downloadable content(SOCOM, MGS3(?)...).

Is the HDD helpful in storing other game saves besides FFXI?

The software driver disc that came with the HDD was actually the first version that was released in Japan about five years ago, so I don't think it's possible to save directly on the HDD or transfer your saves there.

---
"Suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door." - Edgar Allen Poe