PS2 Hardware - Board FAQ

#51MalumbrusPosted 4/28/2006 6:43:36 AMmessage detail
I'm playing The Godfather right now, though I doubt that has anything to do with it. I didn't notice it before, but my PS2 makes a lot of noise while playing. It's like a scratchy, spinning sound. It's not affecting gameplay or anything, but it's highly annoying. Anyone know of a way to eliminate this?

Also, how do I change the disc read speed? I read on another board that you can change how fast your PS2 reads discs.

I have an older PS2 so perhaps some of those options aren't available to me.
#52GhandiJeansPosted 5/5/2006 2:08:02 PMmessage detail
The slim models still support ps1 memory cards right? Because mine will not read or save to a psone card, but it will play psone games, and when i try to save in a game it seems to find the card, but doesnot save or show the card in the browser. And all of the ps2 stuff works fine with it.
#53WrathOfZodPosted 5/14/2006 3:26:28 PMmessage detail
didn't quite see this covered, unless it was by the "repair yourself link", which, since i have to leave for work in 5 min, i don't have time to look at.....

but i just aquired an old, thick ps2, and it just sits there, reading the disks i put in. i assume it's either because it's old and worn, or it's just got issues.
anyhow, if i decide not to open it up myself, and instead purchase another system, i've been recommended to buy a used, old style over the new, non-fanned slim system. thing is, i'd like to buy one of the newest models of that system that i can, but i'm unfamiliar with what model numbers denote the newest system. hope i didn't lose anyone there....

basically, does anyone know what the most recent system models/numbers were, so if i buy used, i can buy a more recently designed model?

i'm just not sold on a system that generates a fair amount of heat, and has no exaust fan to cool it down......regardless if it takes up less space or not.....
#54CNash(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 5/15/2006 5:25:02 PMmessage detail
You showed me how to reset the password...but is there anyway that I could do it, that I don't have to enter the password for a lvl 4 movie?

Once you've set up a password, press Select and go into the Setup menu (while playing a DVD). You can set parental control options there; try setting it to the highest level (or lowest; whichever one give you more priveleges).

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#55blazingsonicPosted 6/1/2006 11:05:17 AMmessage detail
I got a used Slim PS2 how do I set my ISP to it?
---
For me this is the only game in town.
#56Leon_SaturosPosted 6/5/2006 6:45:38 PMmessage detail
How much in NZ dollars (if you don't know in NZ dollars, then US dollars) are the whole set of the network adaptor cost? Also, what is in the network adaptor package to play an online game?

I need help how to use and what to get to play online from scratch. Please help.
---
Valea: Society made me do it. Valea:It was Jeff! Hes a maori! Jeff:Not even eao!
#57Leon_SaturosPosted 6/5/2006 6:46:14 PMmessage detail
Oh, and posting any websites that'll answer my question will be nice ^_^

Thanks in advance.
---
Valea: Society made me do it. Valea:It was Jeff! Hes a maori! Jeff:Not even eao!
#58Leon_SaturosPosted 6/5/2006 6:49:15 PMmessage detail
What da... an exact duplicate of another topic. What da hex goin on here? My messages are being transferred to the other duplicate topic whenever I reply!

MODERATORS!!! THERES A MISSION FOR YOU TO DO!
DESTROY DA DUPLICATE! :P
---
#59CNash(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 6/6/2006 8:56:43 AMmessage detail
How much in NZ dollars (if you don't know in NZ dollars, then US dollars) are the whole set of the network adaptor cost?

Um, you can't just go to a shop and look? Sony's NZ website lists it as costing $79.95 NZD:

http://www.nz.playstation.com/playstation_2/hardware/network_adaptor.jhtml;jsessionid=XY3OGOLYGB1EHS3YIXZCFE4LXBC5GIV0

And this is a sticky topic. The sticky topic at the top of the topic list acts as a "quick link", of sorts, to the regular topic. This is normal.

MODERATORS!!! THERES A MISSION FOR YOU TO DO!
DESTROY DA DUPLICATE! :P

Destroy my own topic? Now why would I want to do that? :)

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#60MrPink93485Posted 6/10/2006 10:46:50 AMmessage detail
Mine loads and plays movies fine but when i put a game in it, it reverts back to the menu screen and shows a PS2 disc.
I click on the game disc icon and it goes to a black screen like it should but then goes back to the menu screen, showing the PS2 game disc icon...

there are also more problems..

playstation games - it starts to load it but it seems like the ps2 freezes because the ending 'hmmmm' sound of the PS2 start up doesn't stop, and the screen stays black

music CDs - went to the browse menu, put in a music CD, says it reading it, my ps2 freezes o_o

Help!

---
"A Cornered Fox is more dangerous than a jackal!"-Grey Fox