What games are you playing? Autumn 2011 Edition

#251WolverinefactorPosted 1/2/2012 12:17:27 AM
I got a new tv for xmas, house of the dead overkill extended cut and ratchet and clank all 4 one for ps3.

Already beat HotD which was awesome, highly recommended.

Plug away at a few xbla titles I had started and left on the back burner.

i've decided to give myself a monthly goal for the new year along with a year long goal.

January's goal is to finally beat final fantasy 13 and before the sequel comes out. I was already at chapter 11 and got burnt out on grinding (and even then my grinding must have sucked cause I was missing some needed things in areas). But still I've made some moderate progress and entered the tower and reached the 4th tier.

i polished off a few games on the first day of 2012. gargoyls quest, renegade ops, deadliest warriors 2.

i made progress in bionic commando rearmed 2, up to stage 18, worked on shank and have 3 stages left.

i dont even remember whatelse i played.

February's goal is to finish up deadly premonition which im halfway through for 2 years lol
---
Reading WoT series
GT Wolverinefactor PSN Wolvyfactor - http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=wolverinefactor
#252CymeryPosted 1/2/2012 8:14:43 PM
Not gaming related but my sister had her first baby (and my first niece ever) her name is Freya.

White Knight Chronicles - I've finally pulled myself out of the 3 million points down to 2 million 995,000 points. That being said I'm going to be taking a few days break as its time to move on and play other games.

Dead Space - Still on chapter 4. Got the suit upgraded to level 3, found 8 schematics, killed a new looking monster, and I think I'm really starting to get good with the controls.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#253Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/2/2012 9:53:33 PM
@Cymery: Gratz on the new family member. Ha! What a nice name! Kinda a ironic... because I just dug into my PS2 collection and started on...

Valkyrie Profile 2

Just beat the first boss. I forgot just how awesome this game is. Lazard just joined up and now I'm torn between him and Mithra. Mithra does have Thunderbolt which makes him much more useful... but Lazard is...well...he's just plain awesome. Not sure if I'll keep playing but it is still just as fun as I remember... even though I've been spoiled by HD stuff...

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Another one of those Steam games that sat in my library for almost a year without even one run. Man, I've been missing out. I think I'm obsessed with dungeon crawling RPGs and this is new exception. I just made the second week payment and have no clue how I'm going to make the third week's...

Pushmo

Two more stages and I'll be done with the level two challenges. I haven't played it today but I hope to finish them tonight. I can't wait for next week, I'll finally be able to get some new 3DS games...
#254DeltaBladeXPosted 1/2/2012 10:41:48 PM
I haven't been spending much time on games recently, and when I am, I keep jumping between various games rather than sticking to one. The only stuff I've beaten recently is a couple of PSP Minis. However, I bought Final Fantasy VII off PSN, and while I most likely won't stick to this either, I'll at least make the attempt.
---
I'm not lazy, I just don't care
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeX
#255LORDCOSMOS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2012 12:34:34 PM
Super Mario 64

116/120 Stars.

I know exactly where all of them are. Tonights the night!
---
WU-TANG CLAN FOREVER RIP ODB SHAOLIN STYLE 4 LIFE
XBL: L0RDC0SM0S PSN:Spacekat
#256LORDCOSMOS(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2012 12:10:27 PM(edited)
Super Mario 64

COMPLETED!

120/120 Stars!

Lord Bowser DEFEATED!!!

Peach GET!!!

After a long and grueling battle, our hero emerges victorious!

One tip I wish I would have had during the fight (3 hours, 20+ tries) with Lord Bowser is manipulating the camera angle so you can see the bomb you're aiming for while swinging him around. A very, very tough fight, mostly due to bad aim on the part of Mario.

Very glad to have finally played this one, it's undoubtedly a classic, probably the first Fully 3D game outside of Quake for many, many console gamers. I never had an N64 when it was out, I'm finding more and more that I pretty much missed a lot of good things on the system.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for you, Mario!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Lv24 Jedi Sage

Mostly finished Taris, I'm ready to move on. Hoping to do Mandalorian Flashpoint tonight, after that I'll be heading for Nar Shadaa.

Star Wars: Dark Forces (PSOne)

I'm very curious about the 'Jedi Knight' games, so this seems like a good place to start. Overall I'm very, very impressed with the cutscenes in between missions. Gameplay leaves a bit to be desired without the use of the analog stick though I've been progressing nicely otherwise. In a nutshell: A Star-Wars 'DOOM Clone' with some pretty good cutscenes.

Dark Souls

Now that Super Mario 64 is done, I can devote all of my console efforts to this. Not sure what level I'll finish out the game with...

Up Next:
The Duke's Archives
---
WU-TANG CLAN FOREVER RIP ODB SHAOLIN STYLE 4 LIFE
XBL: L0RDC0SM0S PSN:Spacekat
#257CymeryPosted 1/4/2012 8:37:22 PM
And so ends my few weeks of university free days. As of the 5th my days will filled with study and the first week I'll most likely be too tired to play anything for very long.
@ Nagisa - Lol yeah thats the game character that flashed into my mind when I heard the baby's name.

White Knight Chronicles - Down to 2 million 499,000 points. Also managed to make some more items only need to make 89 more.items. I think my obsession phase might be over at least for the time being.

Ar Tonelico 3 - Got to level 16 and had a event happen.

Bioshock 2 - Still dealing with little sisters.

Skyrim - Got to level 15 and I'm still working with the thieves guild.

Red Dead Redemption - Got through some of the tutorials, found a treasure, and thats about it really. So far I like the game, didn't expect I would but I do so yay.
---
Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
#258joesolarisPosted 1/5/2012 2:37:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Type_Final

this one. this is a rare game, right?
#259Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 1/5/2012 11:15:32 AM
joesolaris posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-Type_Final

this one. this is a rare game, right?

I've seen a few copies at my local GS, but... that's the first time I've seen this game in years.
Rare, and bloody awesome game.

Recettear An Item Shop's Tale

Geh, I'm addicted, but yet, a tad overwhelmed at the moment. I've been selling tons of item and expanded the store and now I have orders to fill, more store slots and a dwindling inventory. Time to get to dungeon crawling again.

Pushmo

Level three challenges....yay? I really wish they'd go back to the mural/character puzzles, those were much more fun than this madness.

Mighty Switch Force

I have... no clue how to meet par times. I'm almost done with this game but when a stage as a45 second par time and I'm in there for 3+ minutes... it kinda makes ya feel a tad ...slow.
#260WolverinefactorPosted 1/5/2012 11:05:54 PM
Just finished Y's aoth of whatever on psp and really enjoyed it.

Just beat Shank on xbla, it might be on psn? it sucked either way, under 3 hours long (and that includes many deaths)
---
Reading WoT series
GT Wolverinefactor PSN Wolvyfactor - http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=wolverinefactor